“Great vibe, cheap beer”

Upper Deck by Fran's
Ranked #2,157 of 9,235 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: US$4 - US$19
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Upper Deck by Fran's offers a casual approach to dining on the second floor and the new, all-season rooftop patio while offering a fun, modern take on cocktails, boozy shakes, a menu inspired by Americana and international flavours.
Reviewed 4 April 2018

In the summer, they open up the roof so it's like being on a patio. Nice relaxing vibe with friendly servers. Beer menu is a bit limited but the prices are very reasonable. They have happy hour specials and daily specials. Great after work spot with the coworkers.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

After touring Allan Gardens Conservatory walked along College and went up for lunch. Waiter Nick very friendly, courteous and obliging. Had small Cesar Salad light on dressing and Clam Chowder. Soup a little thin but good and Cesar fresh, not soggy. Quiet when we visited but enjoyed lunch and price reasonable. Would return.

Reviewed 7 February 2018

I've walked by this place countless time - finally went in on the suggestion of a friend.

Great modern space - doesn't resemble anything like the diner below it. Huge retractable roof for the summer, lots of seating. We had a great server who took care of us the whole time we sat down and as our group grew.

Tried some of the happy hour specials - not necessarily enough to share in a large group unless you order multiple items. Still, great specials and tasty small plates to snack on. Beer is a good price at happy hour and truthfully not much more expensive at regular hour as well.

Overall, seems to be a little well kept secret in the area. I'd happily return for another round here - really enjoyed the space, service and prices..

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Had an early dinner here. Really nice put together. This terrace is a third floor . Did not see an elevator (may be one but did not ask for it, just mentioning so you double check if one is needed)
Their good was ok. He fish and chips. Fish was a bit oily still and it was quite big. Fries were ok no special flavor, cut or seasoning. Something we found in many places in Toronto. Then I had a bowls it was good. Their sauce IS spicy, not killer but does have heat. I've asked for it on the side as I normally don't eat much hot spicy and lucky I did cause just used a bit of it and it was quite hot for my own taste. THe bowl was well served and has variety. Maybe I would have done a bit more dressing or seasoning apart from be red chilly sauce came with it.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

Their menu used to be good. Now they have changed it. We were like 10 people on the table but the restaurant was already empty (No wonder!). We were all there for our ''one hour lunch time'' and they took like 45 minutes to give us the plate except for me... my plate took one whole hour to have it....wtf. I ordered a pizza and I expected a small and round pizza. They gave me a baguette with simple ingredients on it!!! My pizza was cold OMG! So half of us has to come back to work with the food to go when we told them since we entered we only have an hour. 2 of my friends ordered an hamburger with a salad instead of fries. They had fries of course... The Fran'z restaurant downstairs it's fine, it's just the Upper Deck's Fran'z there's something wrong there.