Lowest prices for your stay
$95
Free cancellation until 10/11/22
Radisson$97
Hotels.com$95
Lol.travel$129
All reviews large pool parking lot convenient location clean hotel king bed mall beds pets
Selected filters
Reviewed September 17, 2021 via mobile

One of the better hotels in Sudbury. Dated but clean hotel. Efficient checkin, friendly staff. Gym and pool open for booking. Restaurant closed. Free parking. C$160 per night incl tax. Coffee maker. No kettle. No bedroom slippers. Microwave oven in room.

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Radisson Hotel Sudbury, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Sudbury, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2021

On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area! I have addressed your concerns with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future. We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit we can exceed your expectations.

Reviewed August 28, 2021 via mobile

Quick stop here on the way to Southern Ontario with my husband and 2 kids.
Hotel was nice and clean, check in was easy.
Room was good, no issues.
Only complaint was the parking was a bit confusing and trying to find the room from the parkade.
Kids had fun in the pool and they limit them # of swimmers due to covid but we had no problem getting a spot.
Perfect stay for our quick overnight.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Traveled with family
Radisson Hotel Sudbury, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Sudbury, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2021

On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we thank you for your business and hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area! We do apologize for you trouble with parking. While we do have 3 separate areas to park it can become confusing. We do again apologize for your trouble and will use your feed back to better improve services.

Reviewed July 30, 2021

We visited Sudbury last weekend on our mini family vacation. This was the first time I booked hotel rooms without reading reviews and completely relied on the brand. It was a big mistake.
I booked our room with my Air Miles. It gave me choice to pick room with one queen or one king bed or deluxe room with two doubles with balcony.

First few positives:

1. Location is very good.
2. Staff was very cooperative.

Now lets discuss our issues with our stay, specially first day:

1. Room was not ready until 4 PM.

2. Room was not cleaned properly. It smelled cigarette smoke everywhere in the room. As soon we entered room, we saw dark brown beans type of stuff on the carpet. When my kids looked above they saw spider on the ceiling. I called frond desk about the issue. They sent their cleaning staff guy who vacuumed the carpet and cleared spider. He apologized to us that he missed the spot and told us that it was dog food left from the previous occupants of the room. Next morning I found more spider in the bathroom ceiling.

3. Kids used bathroom and we noticed that bathroom exhaust did not work either. It is old building, there is no separate exhaust fan. They use old central exhaust system. I checked the exhaust vent by putting paper tissue, it will not hold it. I called front desk again, they said they will send the guy to check it . The guy came and said he would go and check it somewhere in the building to fix it. But he could not fix it. I asked front desk to change our room but they told me that they were fully booked and no room was available that night but told me that they would try to change room next day.

4. bathroom door handle/knob is very old and hard to use. Kids had hard time opening and closing the door from inside the bathroom.

4. Squeaky mattresses.

Next day, frond desk changed our room and gave us room on the lobby level which was clean and fresh. No bathroom exhaust issues and door issues but mattress coils were squeaky again. I did not bother calling them again because there is only so much you can complain and after that you give up.

5. Our problems did not finish yet. Once we checked out and reached home. I checked my credit card, they charged me for both nights when it was already paid with Air Miles. I had to call Font desk again and explained to the girl. She told me that she would check it soon as she was busy with customers and call me back. After waiting for hour and half , I called them again to check it. She told me that she spoke to her manager and confirmed that it was a mistake on their part and they would reverse the money to my credit card within 48 hours. They did reverse money next day.

6. Swimming pool remained closed until Monday the day we checked out. We asked them first day, they told us that it would next morning. Next day we checked again, it was still closed. They told us that it would not open. But they finally opened it on Monday when were were checking out. May be short staff was the reason?

I think Hotel needs to keep pet friendly rooms separate and be given to people with pets only. Specially room on the fist floor with door opening in their courtyard should be avoided if you are a non smoker and don't have pet with you. I think people sit outside their rooms and smoke and all cigarette smoke comes inside the rooms.

It was not good experience staying in this hotel. I would probably never go back.

Room tip: Avoid First floor rooms if you are non smoker and don't have a pet.
Date of stay: July 2021
Radisson Hotel Sudbury, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Sudbury, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2021

On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. We are working diligently to correct these issues and I appreciate that you brought them to my attention. I have discussed with all of my guest services staff the importance of resolving concerns in real time. I have asked them to call me directly if they are unsure of how to handle issues that arise. Unfortunately this didn't happen during your stay and I feel that we failed you as a guest into our house.

Reviewed July 18, 2021

I travel with my family we are from quebec, i check hotel with pool. Pickup the radisson for that , after check in we went down finding the pool and activity, and restaurants are close. I know it covid and governments regulations restrict certain activity. The hotel should a least said they have restricted activity on their web page. No information on the web page of the hotel.
The 3 star is for the front desk staff. And the room.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Traveled with family
Radisson Hotel Sudbury, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Sudbury, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2021

On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed your concerns with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future. We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit we can exceed your expectations.

Reviewed June 26, 2021 via mobile

Was on my way to Winnipeg, it was a good first stop. Arrived late night, stuff was friendly rooms nice/average. Plenty parking was available. Entrance was looked, had to push the bell to be allowed in. The room i was on had it’s private balcony.
I wasn’t made aware that $100 will me debited from my account as a security deposit, only came to know after checking my statement. Though, it’s great for Short stay!

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gass1
Radisson Hotel Sudbury, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Sudbury, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2021

We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel! On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we thank you for your business and hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!