Lowest prices for your stay
$112
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com$113
Travelocity$113
Priceline$112
All reviews walk in shower front desk staff deluxe burger would stay here again on site restaurant sault ste marie spacious room maze tub lamp
Selected filters
Reviewed June 25, 2022

We had our dog with us on a return from Vancouver Island. The room was huge and had very nice vinyl plank flooring. Bathroom was spacious with walk in shower and lots of towels. When you entered the room there was a space for jackets and a spot for wet boots. The. You went through another door to a very spacious room. We had two beds and lots of space. The beds were very comfortable with nice pillows too!
A suggestion I might make is a a mat just inside the hotel room door would save the floors from getting soaked in the winter months.
We entered our room through a side entrance. It certainly was not as nice as the front entrance. It was a lower level and I’m sure this area was probably for guests with pets. Overall I would stay here again as the room was fantastic. The hotel is close to restaurants that are just a short walk away. Even in the cold winter months!
We were given upon checkin, a complimentary breakfast for the next day. It was delicious! It was a full breakfast with coffee, tea and orange juice. We had bacon, eggs and toast. Located on the upper level of the hotel.

Room tip: If you have pets with you the lower level rooms are huge.
Date of stay: February 2022
Reviewed June 19, 2022

We were welcomed to the hotel with polite staff, and found that although there was a huge wedding going on, the rest of the hotel didn't seem too crowded. We'd been travelling all day so were anxious for a swim in the empty (but locked) pool. Upon checking at the front desk, we discovered that we could book 45 minutes time slot if we could wait until 5pm, so we went back to our room to wait. Upon signing the consent form, getting a special key and towels, we headed back to the pool. Not so empty now. The once tranquil oasis was not so tranquil. Other guests booked the same time and now the room was full. What is the point of the booking system? Why could I not book the 15 minutes that the pool was empty? it was open, but not available to us.

Date of stay: June 2022
IHG Service, Other at Holiday Inn Sudbury, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2022

Hello nicoleandwill,

We are very interested in your opinion about your stay with us on our property. We need insights like yours to improve our quality and constantly aim higher for the enjoyment of our guests. I would like to take this chance to apologize for any situation you might have encountered. Don't worry, I have shared your sentiment with our management for further attention. The goal of our staff is to make you feel relaxed and at home.

Thank you for choosing us for this occasion. Hopefully, we will get to host you again! We just can't wait to show you the changes done.

Alejandro G.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed June 2, 2022 via mobile

Was renovated approximately 6 years ago. It looks like it was renovated last week. Comfortable bed and pillows. I never did see the pool but I understand there is a pool. It's about a 90 second walk to McDonald's And less than a 10 minute walk to other restaurants and banks. The floor and room numbering is a little challenging for delivery guys. The main level is L for lobby but if you enter from the back you're entering on for one and there is no floor number 2 in the elevator. I was having a good time listening to the delivery guys b******* about trying to find the room number they're looking for.. I would definitely stay here again

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 23, 2022

The staff was helpful and extremely professional, no issues there. The room was clean, comfortable and well-appointed, and apart from the usual frustration with the television access, no complaints. Our issue was with the food service. Since masking for staff was apparently optional, one would think that restrictions had been largely lifted and regular service resumed. Why, then, is there no room service? We chose to order dinner from the on site restaurant (impressive menu, btw) and eat in our room, but did not enjoy the styrofoam containers and plastic cutlery. Since we had to pick up the food order ourselves, we would have been perfectly willing to carry back glass plates and stainless utensils. Such pathetic presentation really detracted from the excellent food and rendered the meal much less enjoyable.

Room tip: Lower floors are exposed to overhead walking.
Date of stay: April 2022
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed November 18, 2021 via mobile

I’ve been always using Sudbury’s Holiday-inn as a stepping stone to my outer territory in Sault Ste Marie and Timmins on the way up and and way back down to Toronto. I love staying in the spacious and clean room 492 with the jacuzzi tub.

I must give my utmost thanks to Paul who have been always helpful and very accommodating. Dina is also a wonderful front desk representative.
I met the hotel manager Lisa today as I was returning the pool access fob and she was wonderful.
She asked me about my experience having the pool allocated in segments… so you basically have the massive heated pool to yourself once you book accordingly.

The pool as I mentioned before is heated and very clean and comfortable.

The room 492 is huge, very comfortable, clean and the bed and pillows are to die for!

Icing on the cake is the hotel has a fully stocked bar and lounge/kitchen for late travellers who just don’t want to leave the hotel after a long day.

I totally recommend and again hats off to Paul and the staff for the excellent service.

I myself is in the hospitality and service industry and I recognize great service when I see it.

Thank you Holiday inn Sudbury for making my travels to northern Ontario an ease.

Cheers

V

Room tip: Book before because the hotel can pretty booked fast and I always stay in the main hotel and not the Ramsey extension.
Date of stay: November 2021