Lowest prices for your stay
$113
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com$112
Travelocity$112
Priceline$113
All reviews walk in shower front desk staff deluxe burger would stay here again on site restaurant sault ste marie spacious room maze tub lamp
Selected filters
Reviewed November 15, 2021 via mobile

Ok where to start we travelled for medical reasons and had to stay at this hotel twice in a week period . First stay we were in a room on second floor let’s just say cleanliness and maintenance are not a priority for this hotel . We had hand prints all over mirror , dirt and dust everywhere and with Covid this is huge concern . Bathroom was same worn out and just lacking some good cleaning . Caulking around tub and bathroom was all worn out and either black or rust colour . Torn carpet in the bed area . Outlets near bed are worn out to point anything that you plugged in fall out. Windows are filthy and have such film on them hard to see out . Second stay we were given a room apparently on fourth floor this hotel is like a maze and I am disabled after walking half way to room still no elevator in site we returned to front desk said I am disabled I can’t make the walk after showing them I am in a cast they finally agreed to a room change . Both front desk people were whispering about were to put us like it was inconvenience . I overheard them say don’t worry about it room should be ok as they assigned us new room . That should of been my warning of what was to come . They wouldn’t give us the key they insisted on making spectacle of me being disabled and insisted on escorting us to our room. The gentleman walked to fast and asked my boyfriend if he can leave me to follow and catch up eventually . My boyfriend said no and waited for me to catch up . So got to our room on first floor and our escort from front desk left handed us key . This room was the worst it was very obvious this was a room that previously was out of service . Hence the whispering at front desk . The room was filthy and everything had thick layers of dust on it . The bedding was stale smelling and pillows smelled odd . The bathroom smelled like death and was very dirty even shower was so dirty we wouldn’t use it also back of bathroom door had stuff sprayed all over it some of it was white . There was a collection of flys and other bugs in the light fixture by bathroom . We decided to just rough it for the one night we were there but made us wonder what happened in this room it’s very obvious they weren’t using it for a reason . Anyways If you want a clean friendly hotel that you feel comfortable in this is not it . If you want a run down hotel with high cost and feel ripped off this is place for you . Also if your disabled and want to feel like a inconvenience and made a spectacle of this is place for you . If you want to be treated with dignity then go elsewhere . This hotel needs to be renovated , deep cleaned , and staff retrained to focus on being compassionate and friendly . Hoping I dont get sick after being at this hotel . I give it a 1 if I could give it a zero I would this place is horrible and over priced .

Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Traveled with family
IHG Service, Other at Holiday Inn Sudbury, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2021

Hi 160crystali,

Yhank you for your visit and the time you have given to providing feedback.

We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience. It was apparent that we missed this opportunity to amaze you. I am sorry we have fallen short on the aspect of the cleanliness standards, of the room, amenities, and the level of customer service you received..

Know that I have shared your comments with the hotel management team for review to meet the needs of our guests. To discuss further, I sent you a private message.

I value your insights. We hope to welcome you back and deliver an experience memorable only for the right reasons in the future. I look forward to your response.

Warm regards,

Zel N.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed November 1, 2021

Slightly older hotel but it seems to have had additions as it is a total maze inside. The room was mostly clean but run down with exposed wires etc. The laundry machine smelled horrible but worked. The staff were friendly and the bed was comfortable. I wish there had been a microwave.

Date of stay: October 2021
IHG Service, Other at Holiday Inn Sudbury, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2021

Hello christinap361,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

We're committed to providing you with the best overall experience. I'm sorry to hear about the dated condition of the facility, the exposed wires in the room, and the unpleasant smell of the laundry machine. I brought this up to our local management's attention along with your comments about the lack of an in-room microwave. I'm confident that all you've highlighted will be looked into, so we can better serve you in the future.

We appreciate you as one of our valued guests. I hope you'll give us another chance to host your stay and we'll do our best to make your next visit better than the last!

Stay safe,

Jomar M.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed October 18, 2021

This is my second time staying here within 1 month and both times the rooms were not the cleanest. But this time, it’s just disgusting. Considering there is an active pandemic, you would think it would be the cleanest it’s ever been to prevent the spread of COVID. Won’t stay at this hotel or this chain again.

The photos I’ve added:
- the vent in bathroom looks as though no one has ever cleaned it
- the massive cob web where the wall and ceiling meet
- the dust build-up on the bedside lamp; you can see where I’ve wiped my finger and where I haven’t
- the metal baseboard in the bathroom is caked in dust; you can also see where I’ve wiped my finger
- the hair all over the base of the toilet
- lastly, I spilled a bit of water on the floor so I wiped it up and you can see how filthy the floor was by the colour of the hand towel

The bedding was also inside out, which doesn’t have to do with cleanliness but more so with laziness.

Not pleased.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed October 3, 2021 via mobile

Great value stay in Sudbury with larger corner room.

No breakfast

Kuerig in the room

Near to Japanese restaurant and across from Sudbury famous Deluxe Burger place

Modern room at the Ramsey corner

Cons:

Strict check in policy after 3pm only

Many people always congregating in smoking session in front of the ramsey entrance - this is not good

Excess by stair only if you assign to a 2nd floor at the ramsey section

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank travelwithmario
Reviewed October 2, 2021 via mobile

We stayed one night on our way done to St. Jacob's and again on our way back home from there. The front desk staff was courteous and helpful. They also were fast to check us in . The rooms both times were very clean . It was explained to us we had to book the pool because of Covid and we were glad to know it was for our safety as well . They only thing was there was noo chairs or tables in the pool area but that was understandable because to make sure it stays clean it happens. One restaurant was closed but the bar one was open and the was very good . My husband and found the portions very big . The bar staff was very good to us and kind . When we showed our proof of vaccinations there thanked us . I would gladly recommend this hotel again.

Room tip: Remember they are doing their best to keep everyone is safe !
Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Traveled as a couple