3 people have started booking this hotel
US$128
Free cancellation until 12/08/21
US$128
Free cancellation until 12/08/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Destinia.com
US$134
US$114
Free cancellation until 10/08/21
HolidayInn.comUS$128
PricelineUS$128
ZenHotels.comUS$134
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 October 2020

I am an IHG / PLATINUM ELITE member. I checked Holiday Inn Sudbury's website as I wanted to book a king suite for a 14-night stay -my husband and I are in our mid 60's and have just sold our home & our new residence currently under construction not ready until November 19th. We needed to reserve suitable accommodations, preferably a King Suite, for Nov 3-17/20. The hotel's website clearly stated that they are not currently accepting reservations from residents of the Greater Sudbury area ... how could that possibly be, such discrimination ? I then called the hotel and the front desk staff confirmed that, as per policy, they are not currently accepting residents of the Greater Sudbury area due to issues relating to past guests of the Sudbury area. I questioned this policy, which I personally felt was most detrimental to the residents of greater Sudbury. He then offered to take my phone number, in case they could make an exception; however I told him that if this is their policy, I would not even consider staying at the Sudbury Holiday Inn ... and that there were plenty of excellent hotels in Sudbury who would appreciate my business !!!!

Date of stay: October 2020
1  Thank Suzanne B
IHG Service, Other at Holiday Inn Sudbury, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2020

Hello Suzanne B,

We take this kind of matters very seriously, and I'm sorry to see the hotel was doubtful about accepting your booking. I have sent you a PM to know more details about the matter. I hope you can accept my apologies for it. We always want to provide a great and comfortable stay for all our guests.

Thank you so much for your IHG Rewards Platinum Elite membership and for choosing us for your stay, regardless of the outcome.

Alejandro G.

Reviewed 22 August 2020

We stayed one night on a family vacation. Specifically chose the hotel because it had a pool. Was told upon check in that the pool had restricted access and we needed to make a reservation.Totally ok with that, however,there were no available spots for us to use the pool. There was no info about this restriction on the hotel website when I booked the rooms. Boo

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank MACL_AMAN
IHG Service, Other at Holiday Inn Sudbury, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2020

Hi MACL_AMAN,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a candid review. I was very concerned that you were not made aware of our pool restrictions prior to booking. I understand your dismay, and I am sorry. This is not the joy of travel that we wanted for all our guests. I will make sure to share your comments with our team for the necessary improvements needed on our end.

Thanks again, and I still hope you would give us another chance in the future.

Mike F.

Reviewed 29 July 2020

Stayed at this location for one night on a road trip east with my family, room was very clean and comfortable, staff was very friendly and professional, will certainly be back, front desk staff was exceptionally great.

Room tip: upper level is great.
Date of stay: July 2020
Reviewed 28 February 2020

I stayed 2 nights in this hotel and changed rooms 3 times, All were terrible. The first room was obviously a modified meeting room with an absence of furniture. It looked like a bowling alley and smelt of chlorine as it was right beside the pool. The second room had a dirty torn carpet and the sink was plugged. When I ran the water black crud filled the sink. In the third room the door lock wouldn't work, the handle kept falling off the shower whenever I tried to adjust it and the phone had no dial tone (which I discovered when I didn't get my wake up call fro my early morning flight).In the current environment with Coronavirus we need hotels that clean and sanitize, especially in a place like Sudbury with its international mining community. Unfortunately this hotel fails at basic cleaning and its guests pay the price.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank Betty-Ann H
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Sudbury, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2020

Hello Betty-Ann H,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to leave us feedback. I want a well-maintained lodging space for you, and I am sorry to learn about the condition and level of cleanliness of some of the in-room amenities. I have alerted the individuals concerned about your comments, and I am positive that the actions taken will avoid similar issues from reoccurring in the future. I have also sent you a private message regarding your experience.

I hope you give our hotel another try!

Best regards,

Clayton G.

Reviewed 31 December 2019

Everything about this hotel was fine. Staff were very friendly, from the porters, to front-desk, to the restaurant/bar. The location is outstanding, near to supermarkets and numerous restaurants, from fine-dining to fast food. There is plenty of parking. The room was very strange, however. It looked like they had tried to renovate it, but hadn't finished it. I had a seating area that was completely disconnected from the rest of the room; and there wasn't much furniture, either, in that space. It just made no sense. The other flaw, and I am not alone with this opinion - this hotel is like a maze. It is very far from the parking lot, and from many rooms to the front desk and eating areas. It is like a labyrinth. Seriously, I have never been to a hotel that was as confusing. Maybe they could use directional arrows, colours, or more signage to direct people. Saying all that, it was still a pleasurable stay, and I would use it, again.

Date of stay: October 2019