Lowest prices for your stay
$113
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com$113
Travelocity$113
FindHotel$108
All reviews front desk walk in shower deluxe burger would stay here again on site restaurant sault ste marie spacious room maze tub lamp
Selected filters
Reviewed February 28, 2020

I stayed 2 nights in this hotel and changed rooms 3 times, All were terrible. The first room was obviously a modified meeting room with an absence of furniture. It looked like a bowling alley and smelt of chlorine as it was right beside the pool. The second room had a dirty torn carpet and the sink was plugged. When I ran the water black crud filled the sink. In the third room the door lock wouldn't work, the handle kept falling off the shower whenever I tried to adjust it and the phone had no dial tone (which I discovered when I didn't get my wake up call fro my early morning flight).In the current environment with Coronavirus we need hotels that clean and sanitize, especially in a place like Sudbury with its international mining community. Unfortunately this hotel fails at basic cleaning and its guests pay the price.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Traveled on business
3  Thank Betty-Ann H
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Sudbury, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2020

Hello Betty-Ann H,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to leave us feedback. I want a well-maintained lodging space for you, and I am sorry to learn about the condition and level of cleanliness of some of the in-room amenities. I have alerted the individuals concerned about your comments, and I am positive that the actions taken will avoid similar issues from reoccurring in the future. I have also sent you a private message regarding your experience.

I hope you give our hotel another try!

Best regards,

Clayton G.

Reviewed December 31, 2019

Everything about this hotel was fine. Staff were very friendly, from the porters, to front-desk, to the restaurant/bar. The location is outstanding, near to supermarkets and numerous restaurants, from fine-dining to fast food. There is plenty of parking. The room was very strange, however. It looked like they had tried to renovate it, but hadn't finished it. I had a seating area that was completely disconnected from the rest of the room; and there wasn't much furniture, either, in that space. It just made no sense. The other flaw, and I am not alone with this opinion - this hotel is like a maze. It is very far from the parking lot, and from many rooms to the front desk and eating areas. It is like a labyrinth. Seriously, I have never been to a hotel that was as confusing. Maybe they could use directional arrows, colours, or more signage to direct people. Saying all that, it was still a pleasurable stay, and I would use it, again.

Date of stay: October 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed November 30, 2019 via mobile

In Sudbury on business last night. While I do prefer to stay with holiday Inn regardless of where I travel in Canada. So this time was no exception.
Professional greeting at front desk. Clean and comfortable room as well as superb betting.
We had a technical issue to deal with that was fixed by, George!
Again, a true professional! Very friendly and accommodating.
Well done everyone, I will be back when my travels need me to be.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2019

Booked into the Holiday Inn is Sudbury for the third time. Was apprehensive as the first time I had to change my room due to an overwhelming smell of chlorine in the room. I have never requested a different room at a hotel before but the fumes were making me feel ill. Was then given a room on the ground floor level that had a window that did not lock. Could not sleep comfortably all night due to concern for safety.

I hope my third stay is my last one - the walls are very thin. Reminds me of residence when I was a student. Very disappointing experience.

Date of stay: November 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Sudbury, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2019

Hi ExploringfromToronto,

Thank you for your review and for staying with us. Our goal is ensuring our hotels are always clean, our service is always friendly, and everything always works and can see that we have fallen short of this. I am sorry that you did not have an exemplary experience due to the unusual smell, the issue with the window lock and the noise challenges you encountered. Comments such as yours are important and relayed to the team to help point out areas that need additional attention.

Again, thanks for your thoughts as it helps us better our product and services.

Connie D

Reviewed November 9, 2019 via mobile

the hotel was very confusing to navigate. I got lost at least 3 times during my stay. the pool was great, front desk staff was great. I had an issue in the morning though. my family and I went out for breakfast(long before check out time). when we returned to our room, the door was open and i found housekeeping inside my room cleaning. I had not even checked out yet. will never return to this hotel.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Sudbury, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2019

Hi Liza H,

I'm glad you choose our hotel for your visit to Sudbury. Thank you for staying.

As the largest hotel brand in the world, we believe the joy of travel is for everyone. I'm sorry your visit fell below standards. I understand there's confusion with our hotel's design. I can see why you get lost easily. I also read that there's an issue with our housekeeping. Rest assured that I alerted our management about this to further enhance our service. I also sent a private message to further discuss.

We appreciate you leaving feedback about your stay, and I hope you'll consider us again.

Many Thanks,