2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.com$147
TownePlace Suites$147
Hotels.com$147
Priceline$147
Travelocity$147
eDreams$147
All reviews water slides full size fridge bedroom suite shopping and restaurants the breakfast area comfortable beds fresh fruit hot breakfast dishwasher kitchenette pool nicole pets
Selected filters
Reviewed April 12, 2022 via mobile

My family and I have stayed here several times and love it. We visit a disabled family member who's in a care home in the area. Last month I booked but we caught covid. Normally I book through booking.com or Expedia apps. This time I booked through the hotel. I had until 11pm on the Wednesday to cancel. I canceled and received a confirmation text at 230pm on the Wednesday.

I was surprised to see I was charged for this room. I called the hotel fully expecting this to easily be sorted as we go here quite often. I spoke to a young fellow who put me on hold while he spoke to his supervisor Nicole, he came back on the line and I was told there was no refund. I asked to speak to the manager and he told me she had just left.....

I called the head office, they could see I had canceled at 230 on the Wednesday, so they gave me a case number and I was told the property would contact me in 2-3 days.

It's been 2 weeks. I called again today. I waited 25 min on hold, so I hung up and called the Reservation 1-800 number. I opted for a call back option as the wait time was estimated over 10 minutes. I received a call back and the gentleman said he couldn't help and transferred me. I waited 25 more minutes for an agent. I explained the above, again thinking it wouldn't be a problem. She put me on hold for 20 more minutes!!!! Someone picked up and said 'hi can I help you'. I explained I was being helped and waiting for the lady to come back to the call. She replied that her name is Kristy and she's a supervisor and that there were no refunds. So I asked her why I received a cancelation confirmation text and why I would bother to cancel a non-refundable room.- I've never heard of this. She answered " why did you bother?" And then....... she hung up. She hung up!!!!!!

That's it. That's all. Paid for a room, didn't travel with covid, followed the rules. 5 phone calls, over 1 hour of time spent to be spoken to so rudely and hung up on. I'm a reasonable person. This is so unacceptable. I'm so so so disappointed and feel like they don't care about their guests at all.

We are traveling up again this weekend now that we are covid free, I will find another hotel to stay at.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Nicole Taylor, Guest Services / Front Office at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Sudbury, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2022

Dear kcL3014MN,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate you bringing these items to our attention.
Your message will be shared and discussed within our leadership team.
Thanks again!
Nicole

Reviewed March 28, 2022

I attended a hockey tournament in Sudbury. The rooms were very nice complete with a king size bed, a kitchenette, cookingware and dishes, and a dishwasher.

More importantly the staff was kind and patient while having a full hotel of noisy kids which I appreciated a lot as the coach of a team.

Reviewed March 21, 2022

I’m actually pretty upset about this stay. I called in advance twice to confirm that the pool and the waterslide were going to be open. After driving 6 hours for a March Break getaway with the kids, we checked in after waiting in line for an entire hour while a hockey team was checking in. Once I got to the counter, I was told that there were 30 minute time slots for the waterslide/ pool. We booked this hotel and paid the premium price because the kids wanted to play in the pool for hours at a time, not a 30 minute time slot which hadn’t been mentioned when I called twice asking about it. They said it’s because they had to be “fair” to everyone. Honestly, if I’m paying that amount for one night after driving 6 hours to only have 30 minutes in the pool, “fair” would have been to notify me of that beforehand. It was actually only 25 minutes before my kids were kicked out to allow others to use the slide. Besides the hour-long check-in with only 1 person working and the pool issue, there was no parking (I had to park at the restaurant nearby). We also had the joy of dealing with kids from the hockey team playing “ding-dong ditch” all night on our door. My advice to the hotel, show a little transparency next time and at least have the decency to let people booking know that there may be some inconveniences due to an entire hockey team booking the hotel/ pool. We could have taken the opportunity to book somewhere else.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Nicole Taylor, Guest Services / Front Office at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Sudbury, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2022

Dear DanC,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding this. I appreciate you bringing it to our attention. I will share your message with our leadership team to help avoid this situation in the future.

NicoleT

Reviewed February 18, 2022

No complaints! Such friendly staff, and place is always being cleaned. I loved our stay. The kitchenette saved us when we had to check in for a month.
I'm seeing some bad reviews, but as a family of 3 with no pets, this place was great!

Date of stay: February 2022
Reviewed December 19, 2021

Chose this hotel due to the availability of the 2 bedroom suite. Room was big and clean, plenty of space for the three of us to move around. We were there to go to OHL games in North Bay and Sudbury, and would definitely stay here again if in the area again. Lots of shopping and restaurants within a five-minute drive. Easy ten-minute drive to the Sudbury Community Arena as well. Parking got a bit tight at night, but still found space and people could park between the lines. Internet worked well. Service was friendly and helpful.

Room tip: Kingsway does get a bit noisy at night, so you might want a room on the backside of the building.
Date of stay: October 2021
1  Thank Dwight S
Nicole Taylor, Guest Services / Front Office at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Sudbury, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2021

Dear Dwight S,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
We look forward to seeing you again on future travels to Sudbury.
Thanks again!