Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.com$97
Tripadvisor$97
Hotels.com
Orbitz.com
Travelocity
ZenHotels.com$101
All reviews bit dated hot breakfast room was clean would stay again washroom
Selected filters
Reviewed October 17, 2019

I knew pretty much what I would get at this place. When it opened about 45 years ago, it used to be called The Senator and it was sort of swank (as new places often are). Times change. The room I got was pretty standard, clean and comfortable. No frills but everything worked fine. I was on the side facing the bridge and trains and I couldn't hear a thing.

The issues I have are (as usual) with doors. Why are hotel doors like paper? You can hear everything in the hallway, including, of course, slamming doors. The hotel is in the middle of a reno....why don't they change the doors?

But the one bothersome thing, for me (and which almost compelled me to make this a one-star review) was the extra blanket in the closet. I like rooms cool, so I pulled out one of the polyester blankets. It had two cigarette burns in it. Aside from the aesthetics, what really bugged me about this is that this blanket must be decades old. How much does a new blanket made out of poly cost? A couple of dollars wholesale. C'mon Quality. Get rid of the old blankets, for pete's sake. It's embarrassing.

Date of stay: October 2019
Reviewed September 27, 2019

We had a great stay at the Quality Inn & Conference center downtown Sudbury. Although this establishment was under construction, it was very clean. The agent that booked us in was most helpful and assured us that our room had never seen pets. We had requested a 'pet free' room because of our allergies. The room was very clean and exceeded our expectations.

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed August 22, 2019 via mobile

Affordable overnight rates
Wifi works
Mini fridge in suite
Bathroom clean and nice hot shower
Really appreciate the EV charging plug/station for our electric car #BMWi3. Would not have booked here if not for that.

-indoor pool not available
-breakfast has few vegan options and I'm not convinced they know what that means. Please consider offering a similar breakfast menu but a non meat, non cruelty solution such as what Tim hortons is doing with their plant based breakfast sausages and so on. #Vegan

-bed options for us were two double beds but apparently one room with one king mattress not an option yet.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2019 via mobile

This place is the worst experience you and your family can ever experience in a hotel,
it's a safety hazard, it’s absolutely horrible,
Avoid at all cost, if you don’t want to be stuck in an elevator for hours! One of my family members got stuck alone for a whole hour and a half right, right before we were about to check out of the hotel. She suffers from high blood pressure, being stuck there for almost 2 hours really took a toll on her health. I can’t even bring myself to imagine what would have happened if it was a child stuck there alone or someone who is castor phobic, and nobody was doing anything to help her! They just called some elevator guy, claiming he will be there in 5 minutes. We took their word and waited patiently, but after 30 min, of waiting aimlessly, we started to run out of patience. We figured that maybe it’s better if we just took the matter to our own hands and call 911 because no one was handling the situation quickly nor professionally. But we ended up holding back on it after they assured us that the elevator guy would be there in any minute now, they also apologized promising the night for FREE, to make up for the inconvenience, they have caused us, but sh*t just kept hitting the fan. The elevator guy didn’t show up for another hour. And After the person that was stuck in the elevator was finally rescued. And we finally were able to check out of the forsaken place and get on with our lives. They told us they just texted the manager Gill or something and he said he would only give us 15% OFF the reservation after all we went through !!! From a F-ing FREE room apology to 15% off!! Thanks but no thanks. This experience was horrible not to mention nerve-racking; no one should have to go through such an experience on their holiday. The person stuck in the elevator was feeling dizzy and unwell, and it’s all because of the manager who is so careless and inconsiderate for their guests’ and employees’ safety, so please change your elevators If you don’t want your guests to go through such a devastating experience!
To top it off, the elevator doesn’t even have safety sensors to help them open in case of an emergency; making you vulnerable to severe injuries. So God help you or your kids if you accidentally got your limbs stuck and crushed by the elevator door!

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank sandy_a1997
Brian C, Manager at Quality Inn & Conference Centre Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2019

Dear Sandy,

First I want to truly apologize for your bad experience at the Quality Inn. Our guest and staff safety is of utmost importance to all of us. I know that when something like this happens, it may seem like nothing is being done. However, calling the elevator contracting company is doing our best, as they are the only ones able to open the doors and access the elevator equipment and controls.

I would also like to mention that the elevator does have safety features to prevent the door from causing harm or injury to anyone. It is certified and maintained according to elevator safety standards.

I would like to extend to you a 100% refund as well as an option to stay with us for a free night to enjoy our completed renovations. Please reach out to me personally at the hotel.

Thank you.

Reviewed August 5, 2019

We found ourselves in Sudbury due to a family emergency. With no place to stay and no timeline, we turned to various hotels in the city. Grant bent over backward to help us out of a pinch, with such compassion and a most helpful approach. The service is excellent.
The hotel was undergoing renovations, but it didn't get in our way and didn't interrupt our sleep. The rooms and washrooms seem to have been recently upgraded. The location is very central. Although there appeared to be rough looking characters down the street, it was largely due to a nearby Mission and did not cause concern.
The attached lounge, while a bit dated, also had a very friendly staff.

Date of stay: June 2019