Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Trip.com
Hotels.com
Travelocity
All reviews hockey tournament front desk staff comfortable beds hotel is clean downtown microwave conference mattress
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 January 2021 via mobile

I don't understand where they get these employees to greet customers who are coming in for a short stay.
Your Sudbury downtown establishment has a moron working the front desk. NO CLASS and VERY RUDE. This person grab my paper out of my hand and would not allow me to have my paper with all my info on. I asked for it and he said it was his paper it has all my info on it. I have tried to file a formal complaint but they have not responded.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Traveled on business
Derek Weisenberg, Other at Clarion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2021

Your complaint has been received and was rejected as you were not an actual guest at our hotel. Without having proper payment available you chose to cancel your reservation and go else where.

Our staff do not tolerate abusive language or behavior and anyone who is unable to follow this will be asked to leave the premises.

Reviewed 3 October 2020

This hotel looks like it is situated in the worst neighborhood of Sudbury. The picture shows the view out our suite window. It was so unwelcoming that I did not even want to keep the curtains open. The staff upon checkin wasn’t friendly, but reassuring letting us know there is a security guard on duty in the parking lot all night to help with crime, and they don’t get “very many” break ins or issues in the parking lot.
The 3rd and 4th floors of this building are used for “continuing care” rooms.
The pool was such an odd shape that I could not swim while children were playing in the pool because the splashing and waves made it too awkward.
It is strange to me that breakfast is not included for the higher price this hotel charges compared to others. For the price, I was expecting better than an Econolodge type hotel. There was no coffee or drink station either.
The suite was very outdated including an old stained couch, but clean. and the kitchenette was well appointed with dishes, cutlery, kettle, toaster, microwave. The bed was not comfortable as it had an extra thick layer which did not stretch properly from one side of the mattress to the other, making it more like a double than a queen.
There wasn’t anything special about this place though and it shouldn’t carry the name Clarion, which is supposed to have higher level of services, comfort and quality than a budget hotel. Disappointed.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Traveled with family
Derek Weisenberg, Other at Clarion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2020

Reviewed 9 March 2020 via mobile

This hotel is clean efficient and good for business
However; food and beverege services depend on the restaraunt next door which is not open Sunday!
The staff are helpful.
The rooms have recently been upgraded and are very good !

Trip type: Traveled on business
SudburyClarion, Director of Sales at Clarion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2020

Hi marion w,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Our onsite restaurant is open from 8:00AM - 2:00PM on Sundays.

Reviewed 4 February 2020 via mobile

We stayed on Saturday night as our grandson was in a hockey tournament and their team was staying there also. Room was very clean, bed and pillows were comfortable. The restaurant served excellent food. And the price was right. What more could you ask for? I will definitely make this our place to stay in Sudbury.

Trip type: Traveled with family
SudburyClarion, Director of Sales at Clarion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2020

Hi 405rond!

Thank you for the great review. Happy to hear you had a great stay and looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Yours in hospitality,

Reviewed 3 February 2020 via mobile

We stayed for a hockey tournament over the weekend. Our group rented approx 15 rooms. No group discount on the rooms ($130 night)
The rooms are basic and clean. Its a centralized place so that was nice.
Elevators are very slow and only one was working during our whole stay (2 nights/ 3 days). The kids loved the pool and sauna. Pool is not very big but warm.
Cleaning ladies were banging on our door at 8:45am(checkout is for 11).
There is NO BREAKFAST at this hotel so factor that in on top of the rook rate.
Front desk clerks were not over nice but got us checked in promptly.
I was not the one who chose this hotel but if I had to choose I would not have picked this one nor will I come back. For the room rate and service/accommodations, there are better spots in Sudbury.

Side note: The hotel restaurant HardRock42 was very good I would recommend that place for dinner

Trip type: Traveled with friends