Lowest prices for your stay
US$64
View deal
Free cancellation until 07/08/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com
eDreams
Expedia.comUS$64
TravelocityUS$64
Orbitz.comUS$64
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 July 2018

Booked through an online site based on price... had a general idea of what might be waiting but as long as the place is safe, clean and relatively quiet, it's fine. A 1960's era motel with a hallway glassed-in and looking on the parking lot and the rooms along this hallway.

Check-in was fast and after questioning if the area was safe (and assured it was), it was super convenient to unload luggage and into the room. I was traveling solo and am on oxygen therapy, so no stairs were a real bonus.

Opening the room, a surprise. Higher quality furniture, very good mattress, new fridge and microwave, large screen TV and great WiFi. After noticing the name of a Toronto hotel chain on the phone, it occurred to me the owner went to some motel auction and bought the furniture from a 4-star hotel. Clean room, fresh paint... unobtrusive A/C. New bathroom and fixtures.

The location is on Regent St, a bit of an industrial area and the neighbourhood didn't look that great but after dark, it was all but silent outside - little to no traffic - and the anticipated 2am rush never materialized.

Kudos to the owners for turning this property around. It still has a way to go (the common hallway is a bit beat) but the biggest challenge is overcoming past bad raps. If you're looking for safe, comfortable, clean and quiet accommodations, the Canadiana should be definitely considered.

I got the 4-star furnishings for a bargain price.

Room tip: I had Room 109
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Listed as a two star. Got a 3/5 here. But it's a 2. Clean, smells old, bathroom better than the room. Dark halls (felt unsafe).
But it's ok. No bugs. Water stayed hot. A/c was loud and anemic.
Not much left anywhere else when we booked.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2017

I had to give it a 1 star to review it but it deserves 0 stars!!My husband was in Sudbury for only a couple hours for car repairs and he needed his rest as he was driving several hours on the same day. I called a few hotels just to get a day room for 2 hrs and was declined as they do not do that in Sudbury. So I decided to contact a so called 4star (google)rated 2 star motel that did! What a mistake ! My husband called me from his room and it sounded like he was in a restaurant! It was not only loud but he told me it was filthy and the whole room shook from the nearby highway! It was impossible for rest!

Date of stay: May 2017
Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

The room was sparkling clean and quiet...the memory foam mattress heavenly....the owners very pleasant. Great value! If you need a place to lay your head that is clean and quiet, I highly recommend this place.☺

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2016

All motels were booked from Manitoulin Island right through to Barrie so we felt lucky to find this place with signs saying, "New Rooms" It is located across from the only restaurant for miles, Timmies, where there was an informal Biker gathering. Our "New Room" was as bare bones as they come. The "New Carpeting" was dirty and had burn marks all over it. The room smelled dirty and as luxurious as a rowboat! We were charged full price $75.00 plus an extra fee of $10.00 for our six pound hypoallergenic dog who was crated during our stay. Definitely a place to sleep when you can't drive further but not one to enjoy

Room tip: As always, demand to see (and smell) the room before you pay.
Date of stay: August 2016