“The veal chop and chipotle gnocchi, wow!”
Review of Vittoria Trattoria

Vittoria Trattoria
Ranked #55 of 3,001 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Byward Market Area
Reviewed 13 April 2016

Having visited this restaurant several years ago, my dinner from that meal was still fresh in my mind. I was so relieved and excited that the veal chop with chipotle gnocchi was still on the menu. It was as delicious as I remembered it the first time. We had a nice bottle of wine, the other entrees ordered were veal marsala, a chicken breast entree and spaghetti and meatballs. All our plates were clean. Our friends live in Otttawa and had never been to Vittoria Trattoria. They loved it. Our server was great. Will definitely be back when my travels take me to Ottawa.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,700)

Reviewed 12 April 2016

I got the special of the day: Ohio wagyu beef. Have to say the beef was perfectly done, medium rare. Very nice combination of root veggie puree, veggie foam and fresh greens. Only one thing is that my latte was very plain. Overall, very nice, better to reserve before.

Reviewed 9 April 2016 via mobile

I took my son to share a quick pizza for lunch today. It took almost 10 minutes to be asked for our drink order. I provided our pizza order at the same time as drinks. We were asked if we wanted bread and we said yes. The pizza came before my son's San Pellegrino (sp) drink. I had to ask the lady who brought the pizza out. Then the drink still didn't come and I had to ask the server for the 3rd time. I also asked if we could still get the bread he asked us if we wanted. He said it will be out of the oven in a few minutes. I said to only give 2 pieces of bread as we didn't want a lot.

The next time he came to the table I had to ask again and he said if we still wanted it he would get it.
I said yes please and I said we would take the bill also. I ended up getting the bill at the same time as the bread. He brought 3 pieces and 1 went to waste as we only wanted 1 pice each.

How rediculous is this? He was a nice enough guy and polite, but they need to get their stuff together! The lack of service over shadowed the brick oven pizza.

The balsamic oil with the bread was nice.

I really felt like they didn't want to give us bread after they asked if we wanted it.

This is a multi level restaurant and the main floor wasn't full. No excuses for poor service.

I expect more in the way of service and standards for a $19 pizza!

Reviewed 9 April 2016 via mobile

This place never fails to deliver magnificent food.
Wine list is extensive , also can be a little expensive. Wod suggest they create a mini lost fir those who would prefer a briefer read. Excellent food every time.

Reviewed 9 April 2016

I ate here for a business dinner. It was a party of eight. We were promptly seated upon arrival on the second floor in a small room. The size of the restaurant is deceiving and is bigger than it seems from the outside.

The waiter came right over to take our drink order. The had a few local beers on tap and more in bottles. I had the salmon for dinner, which was very good. Everyone said that they enjoyed their meals.

I would recommend this restaurant.