“Definitely not one of my favorite malls in Ottawa”
Review of St Laurent

St Laurent
Ranked #104 of 253 things to do in Ottawa
Reviewed 9 May 2017

My uncle and his family live relatively close to this shopping mall so we usually drop by here occasionally when I visit them in Ottawa. However, it is not usually a good experience to do so. The mall suffers from constant overcrowding especially on weekends making it very uncomfortable especially in the food court. The selection of stores available are generally limited and the staff that work in them are disrespectful and not friendly. For example, I lost my glasses during my last visit to Ottawa and we went to this mall in the hopes of finding an eyeglass store to make new ones. In each of the 3 eyeglass stores we went to in this mall, each one gasped in shock at my prescription and said they were unable to help me (despite the fact that I know about 10 other people with the same prescription). In addition, before this, nobody else ever found anything unusual with my eyeglass prescription. For reasons like this, I recommend that you avoid this mall if possible and go to the better ones in Ottawa like Bayshore and Rideau (my favorite).

Reviewed 26 October 2016 via mobile

This mall is small and the stores seem to be very random and cheap. It looks like the recently remodeled which is nice but the SL choice of stores is bad. They do have the bay which is a large Canadian department store and roots but other than that this mall seems to be forever locals or children. I would skip and head to Rideau center in downtown.

Reviewed 5 October 2016

We had some time before going to a ball game, so stopped into this mall. There is a good variety of stores, very open and bright, and a decent selection of food options in the food court and also with restaurants (East Sides). Overall, a decent place to go if you find yourself in the east end of Ottawa.

Reviewed 22 June 2016

I don't much like malls but I find this one pretty good. The set up is like wheel spokes so nothing is very far away. It is bright and clean and usually very easy to park.