“Excellent coffee and empanadas”

Morala Specialty Coffee
Ranked #7 of 104 Coffee & Tea in Ottawa
Reviewed 6 December 2014

Homey and warm atmosphere complements the excellent and interesting sandwiches (brie and pear with arugula wrap) and amazing empanadas. Also offers lamingtons (for those who need their Australian fix). Local business offering great coffee and lunch/snacks.

Date of visit: December 2014
1  Thank Rachel C

Reviewed 22 November 2014

I have been looking around for great cafes and stumbled upon this one. I must say the reviews don't do it justice. They are so friendly, great hosts, very helpful. They went out of their way to offer great service and being friendly. Just loved being here. Definitely will come back, and recommend it highly.

Date of visit: November 2014
1  Thank Jennifer N
Reviewed 21 November 2014

Based on reviews online, I had to try out this cafe.
Homey and cosy atmosphere, and I felt very welcomed by the owner. This place is known for the coffee, hot chocolate, empanadas and alfajore cookies. There were other treats which looked very tempting. In the end I decided on a mayan hot chocolate and a alfajore cookie - wow - best mid afternoon treat. The right amount of spice in the hot chocolate, rich and creamy. Tasty dulce de leche/ caramelly taste sandwiched in the cookie. Really enjoyed the experience. Thanks for the cookies!

Date of visit: November 2014
1  Thank lemonloaf
Reviewed 23 October 2014 via mobile

I love finding little places that you would other wise walk by without a glance. This coffee place is very down to earth with a hint of Moroccan flare. Coffee is excellent and their desserts are delicious. Highly recommend.

1  Thank natalie_leclaire
Reviewed 7 October 2014

I love trying new coffee places so I randomly went here with a friend for coffee. When we got there we saw how delicious all their food looked so we order the tomato soup and cornbread with our coffee. The tomato soup was hands down the best I've ever had. Definitely homemade. The cornbread and coffee were great too. Definitely worth a visit!

Date of visit: September 2014