“A Remebrance of Fish”

Ranked #12 of 406 Restaurants in Oshawa
Price range: US$19 - US$77
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Vanier
Description: Casual fine dining. Steakhouse, Seafood , pasta. Fresh ingrediants. House made stocks, dressings and sauces. Dietary restriction friendly.
Reviewed 10 July 2017

Was looking for crabs legs and or lobster. Im tired of the Keg and Red Lobster just doesnt cut it anymore. (too much canola oil used at their locations) My Wife remembered this place from her misspent adolescence. It was really good seafood, and the service was excellent.

Reviewed 2 July 2017

Our daughter recommended this restaurant to us a year ago so we went there. The Service was excellent; the strip loin steaks were thick and cooked exactly as we wanted: one blue and one rare, and so tender a knife was barely needed. Our server was classy, experienced, had a sense of humour, and made us feel right at home. We've gone to lots of restaurants in Oshawa, Whitby, Ajax, and most of all, Toronto, and still, when we want to dine, we head for Shrimp Cocktail. The menu is interesting and varied, so I cannot recommend any particular "type" of food, but anything with seafood is wonderful, as are the steaks, but don't stop there! Do not miss this wonderful venue!!

Reviewed 22 June 2017

Lovely ambiance! Delicious warm bread, tasty mediteranean pasta and an incredible caramel/carrot cheese cake! And free creme brulee for my birthday. Definitely recommend!

Reviewed 21 June 2017

The restaurant is not huge so get there early or make a reservation. The menu is very diverse so it's not all about "seafood". But it is the seafood that take me there. :-)

Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

had a gift certificate to use and decided to go for a late lunch with my wife. we were able to order from the lunch menu until 330pm. we arrived just after 2pm and they were not very busy. Nice cozy dark dining room atmosphere for a candlelight dinner but not quite right for lunch. But they do have an outdoor patio when the weather is right. we each ordered an appetizer (fried calamari and bacon wrapped scallops). my wife is from the east coast and commented that that the bacon wrapped scallops were some of the best she's had. the calendar was good though I would like to try the crab cakes or clam chowder on a future visit. we each ordered a fish dish for our main course (mahi mahi for me and a basa over a salad for my wife) I found the mahi mahi lacked flavour and like the side dish better than the fish. I tried a bite of my wife's basa and it was seasoned better. I would try the salmon next time. Dessert was great. We shared a New York cheesecake with a blueberry compote. Service was good and friendly. we will be back. It's a nice alternative for seafood to Red Lobster which is only 5 minutes away.