“Good Service, Food & Nice Atmospere”

The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Oshawa
Reserve with OpenTable
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Oshawa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 406 Restaurants in Oshawa
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 18 January 2018

Good choice in Oshawa for a decent meal. We go once or twice a year. I always order and enjoy lobster.

Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

January 9 was my birthday and my boyfriend wanted to make it special with a surprise dinner of whatever I wanted on the menu at the keg.

We were so excited. We were showed a table for two at a corner but asked our friendly waitress if we can change to a booth if available. The manager came and showed us a nice booth.

Our new waitress accommodated us nicely throughout our meal. We ordered two keg classics. Firstly it came with mixed spring mix salad, delicious. My boyfriend receive a chunk of iceberg lettuce with bacon bits. We were both happy. We ordered the top sirloin and added the lobster with garlic mashed potatoes mushrooms green beans and roasted red pepper. We also had spiced rum and coke and Long Island ice tea. Everything was wonderful. Because it was my birthday of course, I would receive the dessert free. Of course, Billy miner pie. Unfortunately, I'm lactose intolerant and there aren't any desserts that can accommodate me. However, couldn't pass it up.

Our waitress was busy accommodating party of ten who arrived
So the billy miner pie was just handed to us without a candle Even though the keg doesn't make a big deal of singing which I like, at that moment it was just another dinner out.

Our bill arrived $145 later. So, we left $165 cash. We made sure it was counted three times and handed her the money.

We were happy thanked her for her service. As we were leaving, at this point we were near the bar close to the hallway facing the entrance when the waitress was basically running with the manager behind. When she caught up to us,, the manager stayed behind. The waitress speaking loudly enough for all the patrons around saying we didn't leave enough money. I said don't worry we have left you enough money and beyond, we didn't cheat you. She counted the money again in front of everyone, looked up at us and apologized.

We left so embarrassed and humiliated in front of strangers.

When we arrived at home we spoke with the manager,Mood and explained the situation. He understood completely and sincerely apologized. Under the circumstances that it was my birthday. He called us the next day with two options to accommodate us. Either we would go back to the keg as his guests or receive a gift card in the mail.

We decided to return Saturday night as the managers guest. He reserved dinner when they don't make reservations Saturday night first come first serve. We arrived and was greeted personally and politely by the manager. He gave us two options with the best seat in the house, near the fireplace. We decided to sit at a booth instead.

My boyfriend asked how we are going to settle the bill. He said enjoy your evening and don't worry about it. We had the keg classics with salad, prime rib and lobster. Same drinks, plus a glass of wine. Both the manager and the waitress accommodated us completely and made sure we were good. Again, our dessert had no other options with milk products but who can resist billy miner pie. It arrived with a nice birthday candle. We were treated with ultimate respect and royalty. What else can a couple want good food, excellent excellent service and beyond.

When the bill came, it was taken care of. We left a nice nice tip. Everyone worked like a team, like family. Very very efficient. Excellent customer service.

We have been to the keg numerous times but I wanted to personally thank everyone.

Thank you to the manager, Mood and his lovely staff for making my birthday special. Definitely treated with royalty.

Definitely number one restaurant in Oshawa.

1  Thank Jo A
Reviewed 13 January 2018

Good food but long wait time and you can't make a reservation on the weekend during the dinner hours.

Reviewed 10 January 2018

IT's a typical steak House, nothing spectacular jumps our at you. We've eaten here before, stopped in for lunch recently. It wasn't very busy a nice time for conversation. Our server was Alex, personable courteous and good at what he does.
The place seems dimly lit, but not a concern really.

What can you say about a steak house?, it seems rather typical. The food was Enjoyable, wouldn't halt the press to write about it.

It is what it is, A Steak House... It has a bit of a Pub atmosphere and seem like it would be a good place early/Late evening to hang out, have a bite a few pints and socialize.

Have dined here more than once and would likely do so again

Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

Food and service was amazing!.. Everything came out exactly as ordered and very hot! Service was great too!

Wish they wuld bring back the pecan and goat cheese steak!!