“Frigid outside and cold food inside”

Chop Steakhouse & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Chop Steakhouse & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 1,827 Restaurants in Mississauga
Description: Chop Steakhouse Meadowvale is located next to the Hilton Hotel in Mississauga. We feature a full menu, patio and lounge. Visit our site for seasonal menus & daily drink specials.
Reviewed 7 January 2018

Arrived on a frigid Thursday, promptly seated, waiter arrived. Food came quickly. Mushroom ravioli luke warm sauce, asked to be re heated. 10 mins. later it came back colder than the first time...big fail on my meal.
Spouse had steak with baked potato and said his potato was cool.
Chop needs to send out hot food.
Manager comped my meal which I did not want, because it was very good .....just cold sauce.

G M, General Manager at Chop Steakhouse & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2018

Hello Arlene,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your dining experience. I'm very sorry to hear that two of your items were not hot enough. There is no excuse for your food not to come out hot. I hope to see you both back again and would love to personally introduce myself to make sure everything is great.

Reviewed 5 January 2018

We dined here NYE, and the evening was wonderful. We arrived 15 min prior to our reservation and was seated right away. The wait staff was very accommodating and courteous. We could tell our server was double sat unexpectedly as we requested a table instead of a booth, but he was just as quick and helpful. Started with drinks (beer and champagne - it is NYE after all) We had the Chop experience and both had Caesar salads to start (VERY yummy dressing, only complaint out of the whole meal is that there is no bacon in the Caesar, and the croutons were a bit too tough. But that's just my preference and really nit picking). My bf had the bone-in-ribeye with mashed, and I had the 14 oz ribeye (no bone) Both steaks were excellent (his just a bit better which is to be expected near the bone) but mine was REALLY good, I'd get it again. Seasoned wonderfully. Not a big fan of the tomato/breadcrumb on the side. We had no room for dessert, but we both had coffee. Me a latte, him an espresso. Both done well. Next time we will try dessert. It all sounded delish!
We will definitely be back!

Hello Mananda2108,

Happy New Year! Thank you so much for the amazing review. We are very happy that you and your boyfriend chose us for NYE and had a great time. Please make sure to leave some room for dessert next time you visit us. All of our desserts are freshly baked at our location and are very yummy. Look forward to seeing you both back again.

Reviewed 4 January 2018

The ambiance of this restaurant is amazing. The servers are so polished, seems they are well trained. The food, is also very nice. I had ordered an medium rare steak, and it was wonderful.

G M, General Manager at Chop Steakhouse & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

Hello SujoyKanjilal,

Thank you so much for the great review. I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us and enjoyed your steak. We look forward to seeing you back again soon!

Reviewed 30 December 2017

We had visited Chop about 5 weeks ago and had a less than favourable experience. After my review was posted, Chop reached out to me and asked me to give them another try. My husband and I returned tonight and I couldn't believe it was the same restaurant. The service was fantastic (get Laura as your waitress if you can). The food was excellent, cooked perfectly and not over-seasoned. I had the peppercorn steak and my husband had the smoked rib eye. We were both very happy with our choices. Once again, thanks for contacting us and encouraging us to give you another try. It was well worth it

G M, General Manager at Chop Steakhouse & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2017

Hello Vicky,

Thank you so much for the kind review and giving us another opportunity. It was a pleasure meeting you and your husband. My team and I are very happy that you and your husband had a great time. We look forward to seeing you back again soon. Have a Happy New Year!

Reviewed 14 December 2017

Had 16 people for a meal at a National Sales Meeting. Servers were great, food was great, but it did not end well. When we made the reservation we were told there would be a time limit (I get that being it was the Christmas season). They were very disorganised and in the end us going over our time limit was not our fault. The manager came to me at the table (in front of everyone who works for me) and reminded me our time was up. Very disappointing, very unprofessional. Lots of choices when it comes to restaurants, and I would choose NOT to go back to this one.

1  Thank Peter D