“Great atmosphere”

Ranked #90 of 1,211 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Went there for dinner. While the menu is limited, there was a dish there for everyone. Food was very good. Atmosphere is great....lots of windows overlooking the airport runways.

1  Thank eddibow

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Incredible service, unique view and decor with an amazing menu, perfectly executed to our “picky” standards. What a great place. We will definitely be back. Thanks for an amazing experience!

Reviewed 24 January 2018

My wife and I recently dropped in for lunch on a Saturday afternoon at around 130. We were promptly seated, as it was not very busy. My wife observed the waitress who seated us chatting with someone for approximately 10 minutes. Another waitress finally came over and took our order. My wife ordered a curried chicken salad wrap, and I ordered a Cuban sandwich. We both asked for the sweet corn and jalapeño chowder to be substituted (for an additional cost) for the fries that came with our sandwiches. The soup was tasty, but had a peculiar grainy texture to it, almost sandy. It was warm, but should have been warmer. As well, the serving size was approximately half the size of a regular "off the menu" bowl of soup. My wife's curried chicken salad wrap was very tasty, but we think that perhaps they may have forgot to add any curry to it, as there was no discernable taste of curry in it. My Cuban sandwich was very good. The soup and sandwiches arrived at the same time, and so by the time I was finished my soup my sandwich had started to get cold. There was a single cherry tomato accompanying each sandwich. Both were very wrinkled. My wife asked the waitress humorously if the tomatoes was supposed to be wrinkled like that. The waitress said no I don't think so, and returned with a small bowl of three replacements (unwrinkled) about five minutes later, no apology or explanation.
The restaurant itself is getting a "little long in the tooth", and could use a good sprucing up. For example, the tables, although clean, are extremely worn and stained.The plants on the windowsills were lovely, but blocked the view of the runways. There were plants on the patio that had been left out, and were a bit of a frozen eyesore.
Attention to small details as mentioned above would make a big difference.

3  Thank OldManHiker
Reviewed 7 January 2018

I've been a few times now for lunch at the Katana and each and every time I leave super impressed, saying to myself that I have to come again. The soup each time was so delicious I didn't speak while I was downing it. My sandwich came and I again ate without talking, which is a big deal. If you are ever thinking of a place you haven'\t been, book a seat on the runway at the Katana and give yourself a present. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

Had an excellent chicken sandwich and salad. My wife had the burger which she said was amazing. Staff was friendly and attentive. Will be going back soon

Been to Katana Kafe? Share your experiences!