“Consistently good breakfasts!”

Ranked #194 of 1,342 Restaurants in Hamilton
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our breakfast menu offers locally farmed fresh grade A eggs, a variety of specialty omelettes or you can ask to create your own; the BEST eggs benedict, which is prepared to satisfy all tastes; freshly prepared hand cut grilled home fries seasoned to perfection, deep fried or plain; In-house made fresh ‘n fluffy buttermilk pancakes, Belgium waffles or Texas French toast all available with a variety of toppings for you to personalize Our Lunch menu features in house made 100% beef burgers; A Swiss mushroom burger topped with sauteed chopped fresh mushrooms and melted Swiss cheese; Homemade soups and an assortment of hot/cold Sandwiches try our famous Club house and roast beef melts cooked in house with fresh turkey and roast beef for anytime of the day. Come For Dinner and enjoy a variety of salads, fresh chicken, and in house made fish & chips with coleslaw. Recommended entrees: a 10oz New York Steak grilled the way you like and loaded with sauteed mushrooms; liver & onions; pasta, with or without meat sauce.
Reviewed 2 March 2017

I like the Egg & I for a consistently yummy breakfast. It is always busy on the weekend, so it is always loud in the dining rooms, so don't expect quiet conversation. The classic breakfast is the best, with eggs, bacon or sausage, great home fries, and toast with jam. Pancakes and french toast are also a good choice. This is a good, lively place to go with the family or a group of friends. Service is quick and efficient, but not usually very friendly.

Reviewed 27 February 2017

My family and I went for breakfast here today. I was impressed at how friendly and accommodating the staff were. It was very busy, however we were seated in a timely manner and were approached immediately by our server. My coffee was served hot and fresh. Our food came out shortly after we ordered, hot and the portions were great for the price. If you are looking for a restaurant to take your friends or family to, I highly recommend the Egg and I. Thank you to the staff for providing such a great dining experience. Great food, great service.

Reviewed 18 February 2017

Came in with our hockey team, service was fast, friendly and food was good. Waitress's were great with kids.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

Went for bfst with my husband today. the restaurant was so cold I had to keep my coat on, eggs Benny was ok but the sauce got too cold too quickly. And I am not trying to be to picky or rude but the kitchen help did not appear to be the cleanest people. That turned us off. And bfst cost 32$ for the 2 of us, I know things aren't getting any cheaper, but that's pricey for bfst.

Reviewed 19 January 2017

just ordinary, I expecting better as Ive heard such great things. The place was so loud you could barely speak to one another. Bathrooms were not clean.