“Great food”

Ranked #236 of 1,342 Restaurants in Hamilton
Price range: US$9 - US$23
Cuisines: Barbecue, Canadian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Montana’s is all things BBQ to all people. Whether you’re in the mood for southern style in-house smoked ribs and pulled pork or looking for some Canadian BBQ flavour across our burgers, steaks and sandwiches; Montana’s has the perfect atmosphere to bring the family or meet up with friends. Fire up the good times at Montana’s BBQ & Bar!
Reviewed 10 January 2016 via mobile

First time at Montanas: it was very good! The waiter was friendly and kept making sure we didnt need anything. The food was delicious, we got cornbread, ribs and pulled pork sandwich. The restaurant was clean and the booths comfortable. We enjoyed it!

Reviewed 4 January 2016

My husband and I frequent the Montana's located on Paramount Drive in Hamilton. Today, because we were in the area of Upper James, we decided to go to that location instead. The difference between these two locations is night and day. The service we receive at Paramount is always prompt and friendly, and our orders are almost always accurate (and when they aren't it's rectified quickly and with apology). At Upper James the exact opposite is the case. My husband ordered a goat cheese steak, with extra goat cheese. When the steak came, our server told us they didn't have any cheese left to put extra on. Understandable, except they apparently didn't have enough cheese to fulfill the actual order itself, as the steak came with just a few tiny pieces on top (less than half of what they give in a normal order at the Paramount location). We wish our server would have let us know this ahead of time, as my husband would have opted to order something else. On top of this, the steak was tough and hard to chew, which it never is at the Paramount location (my husband orders this every time we go to Montana's, so we have at least five other steaks served at that location to compare to).

My own order of a chorizo poutine arrived at the table without the gravy or fry sauce described on the menu - it was just fries, meat, and cheese curds. I pointed this out to Andrea and she apologized and took it back to the kitchen to fix the problem. My meal eventually came back fixed, except it took quite a while to do so. As in so long my husband had already finished his meal by the time it came.

Overall, I'm disappointed with the standard of service at this location. It isn't up to par with what we've come to expect from Montana's. We'll definitely be avoiding the Upper James location from here on out, and sticking to our regular location on Paramount, where the staff is cheerier and the service is much better.

Reviewed 27 October 2015

food was good and reasonable priced. had more than enough to eat and took leftovers home. would go there again.

Reviewed 22 October 2015

We frequent Montana's in various locations. This time visiting relatives in Hamilton we went as a large party. And although this one was not unusually busy for a Montana's, the food even apps were extremely slow. Although the children were provided with crayons, still they will only wait or be patient so long.
And when the dishes finally arrived the food was not overly impressive. Some dishes were cold while others were disappointing in other ways.
And while the food was brought to the table, it lacked hospitality.
Over all a little disappointing from what we normally expect of Montana's

Reviewed 11 October 2015

I have been a regular visitor to Montana's yet I am hesitant to go again. In three consecutive visits at this restaurant, the back ribs have been nothing but disappointing, mostly because they were so dry! The sauce is thrown on but underneath, the meat is simply dry and tough. On a positive note, I always enjoy the nachos and mashed potatoes. Nonetheless, it will be awhile until I go back and even if I do, I won't be ordering ribs.