“Friendly coffee, treats, and soups.”

Munchies Coffee House & Barkery
Ranked #23 of 49 Coffee & Tea in Hamilton
Price range: US$2 - US$12
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Description: Munchies is a pet friendly restaurant that has something for everyone. FTO coffee & teas from around the world. Local and organic ingredients. Vegetarian, Vegan, Gluten free, and Omnivore friendly. Fresh from scratch baked goods. Family owned and operated. Ma & Pa operation relaxed environment.
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

It's been some time since my last visit here. I used to live closer which allowed for more visits. The owners were always accommodating, friendly, and outgoing. I enjoyed the coffee and amazing home made pastries made by Rosie. The concept is unique and does not particularly appeal to me, however, all of my visits were during slower business periods. As such, the odd dog was never a bother.

Reviewed 4 May 2017

I went Tuesday May 2nd at 10:15am they are to open at 10am. Doors were locked and lights off there was no note as to why they were closed. I waited until 10:30am to see if they were late but no one came. I have written several emails but no response not very professional if you as me. I love this place and yes its a little dirty but that comes with having dogs. If you don't want a dog hanging around you then don't come here its great on a rainy day if they are open. Not sure if I will be back or not I always feel like I'm intruding in someone's house there. Gary and Rosie never say anything to me other then my expensive coffee was ready.

Reviewed 15 March 2017

Me and daughter come here for doggie company and yummy waffles. This is my favourite place for breakfast and I don't even have a dog. Totally recommend.

Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

This place has gone to the dogs. LOL. I was looking for a place to take my puppy with me for breakfast out while my partner slept post night shift. A quick Google search and my son my puppy Bear and I landed here and enjoyed the food and the company of both the proprietors the patrons and their dogs. Unique concept and it was really well done. Thanks for making us feel like family. Ah yes and seriously good coffee and that always starts with espresso.

1  Thank Kanukie
Reviewed 15 April 2016

I visited this cafe with my daughter, her friend and our pet dog Bella. From the moment we stepped in the door we were treated with contempt. I'm not sure why the owner (Rosie) would be so rude, maybe she was just having a bad day. The whole place looked like it hadn't been cleaned in months. The dust and dog hair under the couches was particularly disgusting. Rosie's personal hygiene (and filthy clothes) left much to be desired as well. The food was fine, but cooked by Rosie in between playing with a dog that was at the cafe. No hair nets, no aprons, no hand washing, definitely not safe food handling. We drove 45 minutes to get to this place as my daughter and her friend (animal lovers) were very curious about the concept. We were treated like we were trying to steal state secrets when we asked simple questions about the cafe. The owner also made disparaging comments about our pet: " you don't socialize her do you?", just because Bella was a little skittish with the other dog that was there.
The cook (Gary?) was very personable and took the time to check on us. Perhaps Rosie could ask him for some pointers on how to treat guests.
Definitely not worth the drive or the $40 for breakfast. We were even questioned as to why we didn't purchase a meal for each person. Really?
I strongly suggest that they clean up this mess before the health department shuts them down.

5  Thank dds60