“Never had such a good meal in memory!!”

Papa Leo's Restaurant
Ranked #45 of 1,350 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 17 August 2017

We went for breakfast after an appointment at the Juravinski Hospital - it's just two blocks down the road..perfect location....I'm not much for eating in the morning, so to go out for a big breakfast is pretty foreign to me! The biscuit was delectable - not dry like so many tea biscuits - the avacodo perfectly ripe, generous slice of REAL cheese (no Kraft slices here!!) Sweet potato fries were crispy, not greasy - never had any so good!! With a lovely side of arugula mix salad! My husband's Chorizo sausage hash was incredible (so he says - I don't eat meat!) He had enough to take home for dinner that night. I will come back here every time I'm in the area - or better yet - will make a reservation for lunch soon! Beyond GREAT!!

Reviewed 13 August 2017

We dropped in here looking for a close place to eat lunch. It looked like they were getting ready to close soon but we were welcomed inside. My husband chose the fish and chips and I ordered the Concession street salad. Both were delicious: fresh and crispy salad ingredients and I had a bite of those homemade fries which were amazing. A very pleasant visit and I would recommend it!

Reviewed 12 August 2017

We were here for a conference from out of town and wanted to try something local and excellent review and also in this neigborhood. We were impressed. This is a small restaurant, give sure you reserve your table weekdays. They do not accept reservation during weekend, so you can tell how popular they are. Food is excellent, so price is a bit higher than regular family restaurant. Their crab cake is a must try. I tried fish and chip and my wife tried crab cake and we are all very happy. They only open breakfast and lunch time, no dinner time. If you are in the neighborhood and want a nice breakfast (all day) or lunch, make sure give this restaurant a try.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Friendly, attentive service. Good choice of creative breaky options. Home fries are homemade (most restaurants seem to use frozen). Loved the avo with bacon and poached egg. I would definitely recommend this place. Only thing: the floor needs to be pulled up and replaced and it'll give the place a huge facelift and more charm that's lacking.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

The sign of a good restaurant is whether you must wait a bit and I don’t mean the “fake wait” bait some empty restaurants use. Depending on when you go you may wait a good half hour as has been the case when we went there on a Sunday. Having been to Papa Leos at least a half dozen times I can say this is a must place to eat. I especially like their Huevos Rancheros. Order a Caesar and you get to enjoy some excellent locally made Chorizo. Most menu items are mouth "wateringly" good. The atmosphere is upbeat and the staff are eager to serve. Try it you’ll like it.