“Lunch Burger”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch with my wife. We were greeted promptly and told to sit anywhere you want. Very welcoming.

I ate the British cheeseburger and my wife had the casadeia. Both were amazing.

Beer was also good;)

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Arrived in guelph late one night and found this place near my hotel. Great live music, really good pulled pork sandwich. Service was ok but nothing to brag about.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Today my husband and I explored downtown Guelph and decided it was time for a Guiness and headed to McCabe’s. We had been to the McCabe’s in Waterloo before and figured it was a good spot to stop.

We walked in and were told by the server to find a spot and she’d be right with us. The pub was fairly full but not busy - everyone was chatting, already eating or drinking a beer. It had a leisurely vibe.

We sat ... and sat ... and sat. For 20 minutes without anyone coming over to take our order or even tell us they’d be with us. After 20 minutes we put on our coats and at the front door my husband said to the blonde female server who said she’d be ‘right with us’, “Do you remember us? You told us to sit and we’re tired of waiting.” She looked put out and said they only had one waitress on (on a Saturday afternoon?? - there were at least two besides her) and then she turned, no apology, and went off to do something else.

We went across to Royal Electric and had great service and food. Don’t waste your time at McCabe’s. From other reviewers on here, this lack of service isn’t new. With all the various bars and pubs in the area you’d think they’d try a lot harder.

1  Thank BakingBookworm
Reviewed 15 March 2018

Arrived late to Guelph on a week night. Not expecting to find anything other than the usual fast food joint and dive bars we were surprised to find a place in town that was still open with a late night kitchen. Staff was friendly, service was great and the food was quite good.

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

Very disappointed. Over an hour wait for appetizers. Forgot our drinks not once but twice. Jalapeño wontons were wonderful and so were sweet potatoes fries. After almost two hours our food finally arrived. Husbands burger was nothing special and my beef stew came out Luke warm and after two bites upset my stomach. Waitress apologized stating there is confusion in the kitchen. Bill came out with my beef stew I sent back still on the bill. Sorry so much potential but will not be back