“One Very Good Burger”

The Burger's Priest
Ranked #50 of 410 Restaurants in Guelph
Description: We are a classic cheeseburger joint. We grind a custom blend of ultra premium beef multiple times daily on the premises. Our beef is always fresh. We cook our cheeseburgers on a flat top griddle not on a charcoal broiler.
Reviewed 4 April 2017

Driving through Guelph and looking for a quick lunch. Spotted the Burger’s Priest in Stone Road Mall. Yippee!
I am familiar with the Toronto Yonge Street location but haven’t been there for a couple of years.
It was lunch hour on a Monday but it wasn’t overly crowded. My order of a Fiery Furnace burger with fries was ready in 5 minutes. One should never have a Priest burger without the very good fries. The staff are obviously busy so they weren’t overly engaging but they weren’t rude and they were efficient.

The burgers are small and pricey but I don’t mind paying for quality. I am not the first one to say the meat is the highlight of the whole experience. The patty was tasty with a hint of charcoal carmelization.
The ‘Fiery’ part of the name is from the crushed cherry peppers.

Reviewed 28 February 2017

The Burger's Priest in Guelph is a great place to take the kids. The hamburger choices are fun and well displayed and the service is fast and efficient. Our grandchildren enjoyed all the choices and the fact that they could order chicken as well as beef on their burger. The fries were plentiful and good, and the seating was adequate for a family gathering. As for the parents, well they can sit and read John's Gospel which is well displayed on a white wall, while they await their burgers. When you order, the cashier will give you a number card, and ask for your name. It is all simple and practical and very tasty and fun for the kids who like the informal atmosphere, and the speed of the service. Actually, you serve yourself when they call out your number and name, and the kids like that too. The hamburgers are juicy and the meat is obviously of good quality and not served on too much bread. The restaurant is situated at the Stone Road Mall, so parking is not a problem.

Reviewed 28 February 2017 via mobile

First time visit. Clean inside and the staff was friendly. The burger and fries were good. Actually the fries were very good. The burger was tasty but I was expecting more. Burger was kinda on the small side and the bun was cold.

Better then fast a food. No doubt. But for the price, was expecting more of a gourmet burger.

They don't serve onion rings either (?).

Glad I tried it. But for the cost I would go to a sit down gourmet burger place.

Reviewed 15 February 2017

My friend and I stopped in The Burger's Priest. The servers were perfect. I ordered The Token ( Buffalo Chicken Sandwich). I was smiling after the first bite I said to my friend "Wow, it's the best Buffalo Chicken Sandwich I've ever had,". I wish I could give it 6 stars but alas. Good Job "clap, clap" bravo, bravo.

Reviewed 6 February 2017

For a premium burger outlet the burgers are just okay. The bun is lacking in flavour and falls apart easily. The toppings are fresh and their tomatoes actually have flavour this time of year (winter). The patty is quite average and taste like they were cooked on a grill. The burger is on the small size. All in all I was disappointed with the burgers.

However, their fries are great and their chilli cheese fries are a meal in themselves. They are heaped with tasty beefy chilli and cheese which rivals the fries in quantity. Yum!

The service was faster than some others where you get a choice of toppings, but not as fast as where you just order a burger and have no choice of toppings. The staff were friendly, but business-like.

I have been to The Burger's Priest on several occasions and return because I am willing to splurge to get the fries.