“Prompt service, nice variety, will be back”

Samura Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #162 of 425 Restaurants in Guelph
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 September 2017

I first ate at this sushi restaurant about five years ago, and ended up back again this week (September 2017). Both times I enjoyed my meal, and this time I tried considerably more items from the menu. Samura Sushi is a small restaurant that's nothing fancy to look at, but offers prompt service, quick removal of empty plates, your glass of water never goes empty since they top it up continually, and the place was packed on the Friday evening I went there.

A couple food items I especially enjoyed, and therefore had more than one helping of, were the chicken skewers and the deep fried tempura broccoli. Yum! The green tea ice cream was also nice at the end.

We left with full, satisfied bellies, and taste buds that were pleased by the variety. We didn't use the bathrooms, so have no comment on them.

I'm no sushi expert, in fact this is the only place I've ever eaten sushi, but both times I have enjoyed my meal. My friend on this outing was an experienced sushi enthusiast from Toronto who has sampled many places, and for what it's worth he had no complaints.

Date of visit: September 2017
1  Thank Erin_Globetrotter

Reviewed 24 August 2017

Pros:
Good value/prices for single items and the AYCE.
Food was fresh and tasted good.
Portion sizes reasonable.
Good green tea and didn't charge extra with the AYCE like some places do.
Took away used dishes very quickly.
Food was served within reasonable wait times even with a busy restaurant.
Gave us a 10% discount for paying in cash.

Cons:
Small building and lacks parking.
Didn't refill my green tea throughout meal (though did once before we ate and once at the end of meal).
AYCE menu was on paper and they didn't offer us another menu too quickly after the first order.
AYCE menu items are a smaller selection than their normal menu, even for the dinner hour and didn't have everything we would of wanted.

Overall a good experience and I would go back.

Date of visit: August 2017
1  Thank Jericho L
Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

Was amazed at how such a little place could keep up with orders and make such good food. It's a great atmosphere, staff are very nice and accommodating. And that green tea ice cream is the perfect finisher.

Date of visit: June 2017
1  Thank garizzle
Reviewed 28 March 2017

We have been coming here for years and have yet to experience a bad meal. Service is quick if somewhat curt. The food is of good quality for an all you can eat. We will continue to come to Samura for our sushi fix.

Date of visit: February 2017
2  Thank vstrom_mama
Reviewed 9 February 2017 via mobile

I'm a regular here and it is very quick and you certainly get more than what you pay for. And quality is decent and have never had a complaint about them!

Date of visit: February 2017