“First time...hoping to return :)”

York Rd Kitchen & Chocolate Bar
Ranked #10 of 415 Restaurants in Guelph
Price range: US$4 - US$15
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Canadian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Renovated Old Classic Guelph Steakhouse now has modern/rustic feel and great comfort food. Family friendly restaurant with bar area. Great theme of Sweet and Savoury Chocolate runs through the whole menu from Lamb Shanks to Homemade Pasta, Desserts and Amazing Chocolate Cocktails. Full bar features many local beers and wines on tap. This is an "Un-Chained" restaurant where most food is made from scratch. Service is relaxed yet professional, led by Karim & Sara formerly of The Other Brother's Restaurant. Parking is free and plentiful on site. Take Out and Delivery available (20%) discount. Great Burgers, Steaks and Homemade Pasta - how about a Tableside Campfire S'mores for Dessert? See you soon.....
Reviewed 17 May 2018

As an out-of-towner, I was happy to try the "Chocolate Bar" when a local friend suggested it for dinner. The service was great and the food was creative. I've never had chocolate pasta before :) The atmosphere was nice, and the spaces had some of the most interesting decorative touches. I'm not sure what I loved more in the washroom: the exfoliating hand scrub or the penny floor! The whole evening was truly a satisfying sensory experience! Order #: 75741

Reviewed 14 May 2018

Based on a few reviews, thought we would try York Rd.
Not good, not bad, but wouldn't return.
Started with a chocolate long bread. sort of a pita covered in chocolate with a hint of chili pepper. the heat was nice, but too sweet for a starter.
Also had an order of truffle fries ( served cold) and onion rings ( every body loved the onion rings)
Salads were an interesting concept.... they appear to make the same base for all salads then change up the toppings to make them unique. Nobody finished their salads... that says enough.
Mains were a burger ( just okay ) Pasta with shrimp (served cold), ribs (just okay) and a flaming Sambuca pork shish kabob ( nice effect, but dry and over cooked)
Desserts and the Milk shake was probably the best part of the meal.

They need to remove a few items from the menu, as it is a bit vast and overwhelming. Then focus on getting really good at what is on the menu.

Atmosphere is unique, with a penny laden bathroom floor, and our server was wonderful.

The bill for 4 was over 280 (one drink each), which truly made it not worth it.

1  Thank FunFoodFinder
SaraYRK, Manager at York Rd Kitchen & Chocolate Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

I am sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your experience - could you tell me when you were here so that I may investigate and make changes.........please personally message me info@yorkrd.ca so that I can reimburse you for the items you didn't enjoy and to offer a gift certificate for another visit.
Sincere Apologies
Sara

Reviewed 30 April 2018

This was a find and a half while staying in Eden Mills. Liked it so much we went back the following day! Love the chocolate coloured decor. The salads were fresh, crisp and tasty but of course the star was the dessert menu. Over the two days, we tried the chocolate milkshake, hot chocolate, mousse, personal chocolate fondue and tableside s’mores. Everything was wonderful! My only criticism would be the atmosphere (lack of). We visited lunchtime both days so maybe it’s livelier at night.

Reviewed 8 April 2018

We took friends for dinner last night and the place was packed....good thing I had made a reservation! Our friends were impressed with the place, the service, the food, the ambiance, as were we. I had only been for lunch a few times and wanted to try the dinner hour. Not one complaint about the food...it was all delicious! I'm a rib gal and the portion was more than generous! We were there also to catch up and talk and we were not rushed through the evening. Our server Aundrea was attentive and delightful, service was awesome. We will all definitely go back again....and are interested in trying the Wednesday Night Fondue. Our order # 74136 makes us eligible to Win Chocolate!

Reviewed 8 April 2018

Out for Dinner with family....Food was. Excellent. Presented well for appetizers, entrees and dessert.

Service on other hand was terrible. Did not clear appetizer plates before main meal arrived...my daughter ordered coffee 3 times from the moment we arrived finally got it at dessert. Dishes were never cleared unless we asked...received speciatly coffee with no spoon. Took very long time for wait staff total dessert order. They did not seem to care about the customer.

SaraYRK, Manager at York Rd Kitchen & Chocolate Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Oh my goodness - I am so sorry!!
I know it was a crazy busy night and we were short one server due to illness but that was no excuse for this....... Can you tell me where you were seated or who was serving you so that we can address these issues.
We appreciate your feedback as we can only fix things if they are brought to our attention and possibly the server needs more training.
Again,I am so sorry - please email me at info@yorkrd.ca so that I can send you a gift certificate for your next visit.