“lunch meetings”

Golden Basil
Ranked #222 of 412 Restaurants in Guelph
Cuisines: Vietnamese, Taiwanese
Reviewed 24 February 2018

Ok food but service was slow. The Vietnamese cuisine was much better than the Thai dishes. Lots of natural light and the food was still better than your mall fast-food Asian take out options across the street.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

We had dinner there the other night. It was early so it was not busy. We chose a booth on the west side. Many of the booths bench seats were cracked and not in good condition. The back one was good so we sat there. The girl who served us spoke reasonable English. We ordered the Pad Thai and Crunchy noodles with pork. We waited quite a while for our food but, were very pleased with the quality and taste. The portions were big, enough for lunch the next day. The prices were very reasonable. Much less than other Asian restaurants in Guelph.
Recommended for a simple meal.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

Not a fancy restaurant by any stretch but the food is fresh and delish. Good portion sizes. Friendly staff.

In a strip mall across from Stone Road Mall in Guelph, kind of hidden in a corner (behind McDonalds)

Had some gluten free choices as well.

Reviewed 15 May 2017

Wow!!! I was a fan when I walked in and the delicious aromas tantalized my taste buds. It was my first visit and I went with my family of 4 who had already visited the restaurant on another occasion. My daughter is the expert on Tai and Vietnamese foods so she made the choices. Waitstaff was attentive without being a bother. All our questions about the various dishes were answered clearly. The appetizers, soups and main dishes were delicious - everything was fresh, flavoursome, filling and beautifully presented. Premises were clean and nicely decorated. Will definitely make this a regular spot for a wonderful meal when in Guelph. Highly recommend you try it out. Perhaps a liquor licence would bring in more patrons, but the food really speaks for itself and the service is great. Excellent value for the price.

Reviewed 27 April 2017

I stop in at Golden Basil for lunch whenever I am in Guelph. I Always order one of their great soups. They are very good and great portions. Highly recommend their soups as an alternative to a the usual lunch fare at other restaurants