“Fresh Sushi”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 February 2018

Great sushi; I have only been for lunch. It is good quality; fresh, and the service is quick. I would recommend this place. the salmon sushi and rolls are really good and the fish is fresh. It can be expensive but you get what you pay for and this place is good. I like that everything is ordered throught the iPads ... I would recommend this restaurant if you like sushi.

Reviewed 2 November 2017

The food a 6.5/10. The food is expensive. I got two Bento Boxes, 10 wings, a side of maki rolls, and orange juice and it was too expensive for A Sushi dinner with no specials. The servers however are doing their job but they don't show any character to make you feel welcome. Overall, good place to eat. Smile a little more.

Reviewed 29 September 2017

I went to W Sushi recently for lunch. Got the AYCE. The sushi is okay. The rolls were okay, but a little boring. The kalbi ribs were terrible -- very fatty low quality meat. The servers do not make eye contact. I asked for more wasabi at one point, again no acknowledgement of my request and then I waited for 5 minutes. Finally, went up to the bar to get it myself and got the evil eye from our server.

Also, the price has gone up to $21, even for lunch on a weekday. I swear it was $18 just a year or two ago. If only Kinkaku Izakaya in Kitchener wasn't so far away.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

My first visit was not a good one: a bit out fault that we came late, but we arrived an hour and 15 minutes before closing and they told us we had to order everything from the AYCE within 10 minutes of us arriving because they shut down all orders an hour before they close. Then they told us if we didn't finish any of the food they'd charge us full price for everything, which would be fine, but we had to guess how much we could eat by ordering random stuff in a restaurant we've never been to while being rushed by the waitress to do it on a count-down.
We should of just left, but we were looking forward to our sushi night.
I ordered a green tea, complimentary with every single AYCE Japanese restaurant I've ever been and they usually refill it constantly from a pot without the meal, or leave the pot at the table, but here they charged $1.50 per cup of green tea!

They brought out our food in good time, but then said they'd charge us for dipping sauces when we asked for siracha mayo (which comes inside many dishes, but if you want a small dish to dip food into it, they charge another $1.50 PER tiny little amount), EVEN with the AYCE dinner costs a HIGH price of $29 a person.

Some of the food that they served us was SO bad it was almost inedible. I think they served under-cooked chicken at one point (rushing to get food out to tables?) and a nice waitress that wasn't even our waitress (ours was rude) had to sneak it away so we didn't have to pay extra for it.

A lot of the actual Japanese dishes and sushi wasn't bad and I did like a lot of their selection, but their prices are damn high for dinner menu and their lunch menu is tiny. I don't think I can or will ever come back here again.

I wish I had come earlier in the day or even had a different waitress and my experience may have been a bit better, but for their high-end prices, I'd at least expect ALL YOU CAN EAT to include tea and dipping sauces. Good grief.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

Very popular place, we visit there for lunch.
Two of us ordered all you can eat sushi and my wife ordered kind of noodle.
But she did not like it. We ask it is not kind of noodle she want. They cancell this order and bring different noodle for my wife. We are very pleased with this behavior.
All you can eat sushi menu is decent, helpful friendly staff.
We highly recommend this fine place to all. It is great value and the food is excellent.