“Strongly recommend”

Cusina Mediterranean Bistro
Ranked #40 of 412 Restaurants in Guelph
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Come in and enjoy the warm and inviting dining room, peruse an extensive menu highlighting Greek cuisine, sample the flavorful made dishes created with only the freshest ingredients, and enjoy a tastefully upscale, yet affordable dining experience.
Reviewed 9 March 2018

Wifey and I had lunch with another couple on a Friday afternoon in March. We had mussels, lemon chicken soup, Greek salad, mousaka (family recipe. Yummy) and chicken souvlaki. The food was terrific, the portions large (we took some home) and the service was excellent (thank you, Shannon). The place was full and patrons were waiting at the entrance for a table. Our first visit here. It will not be our last. I strongly recommend you dine here.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Service was impeccable and each meal was personally chosen (diabetic, gluten-free and lactose intolerant) and enjoyed. Maria is a wonderful hostess! A favourite place for our family. We have never had a disappointing meal. We give it 5 stars on service, food, and value.

kat154989, Owner at Cusina Mediterranean Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Congratulations on your wedding, and thank you for letting us be a part of your special day. It was our pleasure helping you make your wedding memorable, Hope to see you soon

Reviewed 21 February 2018

I have been to Cusina three times and each time I was quite happy with the experience. The staff is friendly and professional but does not hover or check on customers too many times. Food is excellent and they offer lots of gluten-free options. The staff is quite knowledgeable and careful about gluten-free and they check with the chef when in doubt. It can get quite busy on weekends so make a reservation. I missed my reservation time once by about 20 or 30 minutes so understandably they gave up our table. But the were gracious about it when we arrived late (we called to let them know we were running behind) and they squeezed us in quite quickly. Great Greek food for lunch and dinner.

Reviewed 2 January 2018

I was with a group of people out for dinner for New Year's Eve. Ordered the Chicken Souvlaki. It was excellent! Came with potatoes, rice and Greek salad. I ate it all and was stuffed! Everyone else love their meal. Service was excellent. No waiting around for drinks or food.

kat154989, Owner at Cusina Mediterranean Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on your experience. I'm so pleased that everyone enjoyed themselves and your experience was such a pleasant one.
We really pride ourselves on our service - it is important that everyone be made to feel special when they come to Cusina.
We look forward to serving you again very soon. Happy New Year!

Reviewed 17 December 2017

We were excited to try a new place for dinner and ended up disappointed in our choice. The restaurant is quite small and 'tired' looking. We were told it was the busy season, being close to Christmas, so we made reservations beforehand. Overall, the restaurant was quiet, even during the supper hours. Service was good and the food was served in good time. My cutlery had to be replaced because it was dirty (rolled in the cloth napkin) and my daughter had something black in her iced tea and a dirty glass...which was also replaced. The food was served on cold plates which had us worried that the food was also cold. The food was a good temperature when it arrived, but it may have kept its heat better with heated plates. My (teenage) children had the best tasting meals: Bistro Penne (tasty) and the Original Burger (juicy patty). My Mediterranean Penne had 4 olives (I had to look for them) and lots of pepper and zucchini. It lacked flavour. My husband's pickerel was rubbery, the taste/feeling you get when food is microwaved. He did not finish his meal. The desserts were good but very overpriced. We liked the bruschetta appetizer the best. We will not be returning to this restaurant.

Apologies that you did not enjoy your visit to Cusina. I have addressed your concerns with the appropriate staff.....please not we do not microwave our dinners. If there was a concern with the pickeral, I wished you would have let us know so we could have changed your husband's order. Having said that I am sorry you did not enjoy - it is never our intention to serve you something that you do not like or not to your taste.
We wold love for you to give us another try, so please personal message me at cusina@ymail.com.
Sincere apologies again