“Started SLOW but finished well!”

The Fat Duck Gastro Pub
Ranked #25 of 410 Restaurants in Guelph
Price range: US$3 - US$23
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

We chose Fat Duck for my wife’s birthday meal! And after a slow start - where we waited 10 minutes for a server to acknowledge us (well, they did once I prompted them) - we were glad we chose the place. I think there was just some confusion on whose table we were.
The service was excellent the rest of the night!
Everyone enjoyed their meals - great portions, awesome tastes.
My wife and I had the Scotch Egg - cooked to perfection and served with a lovely chutney and gherkins.
We will definitely be back for another occasion.

Reviewed 31 January 2018

It was a normal Tuesday when I walked into Fat Duck with 2 of my closest pals. We were hungry and we chose a restaurant that was close to all 3 of our houses. Looking back now, i think about how naive we were, since we had no clue just how much our lives would change after biting into one juicy lucy of a bovine patty.

I have been on a high ever since, however, it has made everything else in my life seem incomparable and mediocre. I can no longer eat without thinking of the burger. I can't sleep without thinking of the burger. People in my life frequently have to ask me to come back to reality because I spend hours a day dreaming of when I can taste its sweet juices yet again. I guess you could say it is a blessing and a curse because I have been to Heaven and seen the light but nothing else int he world can compare to that sweet high I experienced for the first time.

3  Thank Srah T
Reviewed 22 December 2017

Friendly atmosphere, Welsh-type British-style pub. Standard pub fare, well presented and tastey. I like the Scotch Eggs.

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

With fried Brussels sprouts, mustard mashed potatoes, pickled onions & au jus.

Ordered 7:06pm on a busy Friday night.

7:26pm trying not to be hungry as I is a busy Friday night.

7:33pm waitress brings me bread and informs me there was an issue in the kitchen and she apologises for the delay. I should have ordered an appetizer! The bread is yummy.. I'm trying to cut most bread out of my diet except rye. But hungryyy...

7:42pm bread is gone. So sad. Lesson to be learned: don't go out Friday evening hungry, with expectations. I feel like I've learned this before. Like deja vu or something.

7:55pm Played and beat Tinder. Phone battery at 35%. Hangry has returned. "Just walk out and get pizza already! It's Friday night and the LCBO will be closed in an hour! You don't owe this place anything." But the food is often GREAT and the owner's a nice guy. They should maybe offer me headphones and the Wi-Fi password so I can watch CraveTV or something.

7:58pm food arrives. The sprouts and mash are delicious. The ribs are incredible and melt in my mouth!

8:06pm done. 'Inhaled it too quickly to rate the food properly, but as the garboration flew past my tongue I do recall wishing I could taste it better.

$21.49 was my final bill as Fat Duck adjusted my bill due to my wait. Next time, 'Duck.
Next time.

1  Thank MacVandal
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

I dropped in for a drink and dinner during a recent business trip. Good pub atmosphere, Shepard’s pie was very tasty.