“A few flaws, but good.”

The Fat Duck Gastro Pub
Ranked #26 of 412 Restaurants in Guelph
Price range: US$3 - US$23
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Spouse and I visited last evening after being out late. We were greeted quickly and had a nice booth. The crowd doing Trivia was not too loud.
Beer was good, wife enjoyed the no alcohol caesar. Nice starters menu choices, lots if variety; the entre list falls short. I am pretty much vegetarian, and there was only one vegetarian choice in the entre list. We both ended up having two starters as our meal and that worked out well. I ended up with too.much food! Good spice, good taste; the pakoras were very cold inside, but we're tasty.
Too full for dessert, the bill was reasonable.
Pleasant staff.
Will return.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

This pub has some really good food. The food is not your typical pub food. It is more upscale and aimed at those with a more demanding taste. The quality was very good. The portion size of the main item was good, the side dish could have been a little larger, however everything seems to be made fresh! The staff was very friendly, and attentive. We didn’t have to wait for someone to come around and ask if we would like another beer. They have a nice selection of beer on tap. We will be going back.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

We waited approximately 30 minutes to have their daily special which was a pint of Wellington's (very good) and a pie (curried chicken or steak and mushroom) for $17.00. My husband liked his curry but my steak pie was dry and a bit chewy and I didn't notice any mushrooms. we both had the green salad that came with it which was very good.It was mixed greens with blueberries and sliced almonds. Nice patio. Service was friendly.

1  Thank Deborah P
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

The Fat Duck is one of our favourite spots to grab good pub fare on the patio.
They serve great meat pies, great burgers and have a nice selection of draught beer.
Their wings are always good and we had their onion rings on special and they were they best we have ever had!

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

This past week my brothers/I and our spouses had lunch at the Fat Duck. My husband and I arrived early and I was greeted at the reception area by the family dog Jackson - he was very friendly and gorgeous, a great greeter. We all had a fabulous lunch ... pea & bacon soup (was to die for), fish and chips (terrific), steak and mushroom pie (the best), and duck salad (fabulous). We were all so full that there was no room for dessert. And the service, top notch. This is the best pub in Guelph!