All reviews curling bonspiel fridge and coffee maker room was clean definitely stay at this hotel again easy location mandarin restaurant waffles recommend this hotel good nights sleep front desk staff this past weekend beds inns horton checkin highway seniors
Reviewed 6 January 2019 via mobile

We were so pleased with our stay in Barrie. The desk staff and Housekeeping were so helpful as we had some car problems and helped us so much. The room was large and the hotel itself was very clean. The usual breakfast was served daily. Good location close to everything. We didnt expect to be in Barrie and if we ever return we would stay here.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 22 December 2018 via mobile

I was very disappointed in my stay at this location on December 14th. I was booked to teach a seminar on Saturday 15th in Barrie and, due to the time of year and possible bad weather, decided to book a hotel for the night before so as to be well rested in the morning. I needed a pet friendly hotel and booked a room at this location. Unfortunately, apparently there was a hockey team also staying at this hotel that night. I was amazed and disappointed to realize that the parents of this team had been given access to a meeting room across the hall from my room, where they proceeded to party the night away at great volume. At one point, as I returned from taking my dog outside, I saw the gentleman from the front desk outside the meeting room - sadly he was not there to ask them to keep the noise down, but to bring them more chairs!

I paid a significant amount, plus a pet fee, for my room. I have a good dog who didn't make a sound, despite the noise going on across the hall. He slept on the bed on top of bedding I had brought from home in order to protect the hotels linens. It disappoints me that I pay a premium to have my dog with me, when he is better behaved than the parents of a visiting sports team.

I am also astounded that the hotel would chose to give these parents access to a meeting room that is surrounded by bedrooms. Surely, the hotel has a meeting room away from where people are trying to sleep? If this is not the case, then I suggest a strict curfew needs to be enforced. The desire of a few people to party the night away should not override other guests need to get some sleep.

I mentioned upon check out that I had been very upset by the level of noise, to which the lady at the front desk responded "oh, from the hockey team" which brings me to think that I was not the only one unhappy with the quality of my stay. No offer was made to discount my stay and as I needed to leave to get set up for the seminar I was teaching, I was not able to take the matter further at that time. I have since contacted the hotel to make a complaint and have had no response. I will not be staying here again.

I

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed 11 December 2018

The location of hotel is in a rather industrial/commercial area. Couldn't just walk to find something to eat. There are however a nice selection of eateries within about 2 miles of another freeway exit. The hotel was clean but somewhat worn, could use some updating. Staff was very helpful and friendly.

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

Dirty - as I pulled up my blanket I notice a white stain that I can only imagine where it came from Then I pull up the blanket underneath and there is a large yellow stain and purple crayon again right at the top by my face; and again can only imagine what the yellow stain is. Pictures attached

Noisy- was given a room with one side backing onto the stairs and the window above the smoking area so i might as well have been sleeping in the stair well by the door I could hear all the drunk people all through the night so clearly and loudly.

Cold - had to use the gross blankets as no way to adjust the heat at all

Thirsty- completely empty fridge.

Overpriced - They charged me 150 dollars and that’s with a 10 percent discount. I don’t believe they didn’t have a single room left.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
karengU1457HS, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2018

We appreciate your feedback. We are disappointed that you were not provided a room that was maintained to our standards. All of those details you mentioned should have been taken care of when your room was serviced. We would welcome the opportunity to make amends should your travels ever bring you back to Barrie.

Reviewed 17 October 2018

My friends and I needed a place to stay as we were traveling towards Toronto and came across this hotel. I'm so glad that we stayed here because we honestly had the best time ever. The room was really nice and the beds were extraordinarily comfortable. The staff was so sweet and helpful which really made my day. The best part of this hotel was that there is a beach/park like five minutes away and my friends and I had a blast there. In the future if I'm traveling to Toronto again I will definitely stay at this hotel again! Best stay ever!

Date of stay: September 2018