“Great lunch”

The Junction Restaurant
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

If you are looking for home style cooking you won’t be disappointed.

Servings are generous and service is good.

I had the hot hamburg sandwich with mashed potatoes lathered in gravy. Heart attack on a plate! Delicious!

1  Thank Jon L

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

The service was okay; no one check on us after our meals were delivered to our table. My salad was fresh and tasty but the rest of the meal nothing special. My turkey from the turkey dinner was dry and the fries blend. And I thought the whole meal expensive a bit too.

1  Thank Anne D
Reviewed 26 February 2018

Highway 15 is one of my favorite routes to go up to Ottawa from Kingston. I was told, in Seeley's Bay, a town near the Junction, that a gluten free restaurant was on the 15. I though it was kind of unexpected, maybe just something overrated.

Well, it is true! It happens that the chef over at the Junction has to deal with coeliac conditions in his family. The restaurant has turned this family burden into a blessing for many, offering more than half of the regular menu GF.

This family restaurant offers very simple comfort dishes that most of people suffering from the intolerance cannot afford: Club sandwichs, hamburgers, etc. The home-cooked meals are really family-style. I had a GF hamburger that tasted exactly like I had at home as a child! It is fun to break the overly healthy habits and just enjoy a hamburger or fries...Why not?

If ever you are coming down in Kingston by Highway 15 or leaving for Ottawa, I recommend stopping at this great, family friendly place.

1  Thank Benos51
Reviewed 26 November 2017

Our party of six visited on a recent October Sunday for lunch. We were not disappointed. Nothing fancy, but excellent food, service, and prices.The fries were exceptionally good and the portions generous. It was surprising to find such a good restaurant in this primarily rural/cottage area. We do not live in the area but will be returning on future trips to Eastern Ontario

1  Thank Eugene M
Reviewed 23 October 2017

A group of 19 people on a geology day-outing dropped in to The Junction at Sunday lunch time without a reservation. This could have been a disaster. Instead, the people at The Junction took it in stride. They seated us together, took our orders cheerfully and brought our food quickly. Everyone was well pleased with their orders. The back two pages of the menu are devoted to gluten-free items. These are done carefully, with full understanding of avoiding gluten contamination. The dishes are prepared there, including some really good pies. Just about everything on the menu is good, standard, Canadian fare made with love and attention. Can't ask for more.

1  Thank harpsncats