“Community favourite ”

Jenny's Place
Ranked #321 of 809 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Canadian
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

This is one of those great spots that never ceases to deliver as a local favourite. The food hits the spot, although gluten free options aren’t really available which is a sin. The prices are great and the staff are first rate; friendly, efficient and helpful. This place is also a huge supporter of the community and has built a strong and loyal following and brand locally. I always recommend this great spot. I will keep coming back.

Reviewed 24 January 2018

Very welcoming spot with a local feel. Typical tavern offering on the menu. Lots of tv for the sporting fans. Have had most of the usual menu fare and it is all quite good. Fair prices reasonable portions and always, wonderful cheery service. A great neighbourhood bar for locals and newbies alike- Robert

Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

Friends brought us here while we were vacationing in Halifax. Really good fish. I had the haddock tips and they were fantastic. The french fries are really, really good as well. Oh yeah, and so is the caesar salad. Other friends had the burger, the captains or fisherman's plate, and the fish & chips. Everyone was very satisfied. Good prices as well.
The staff was friendly and I get the impression that there are a lot of locals that hang out there. Will definitely go back on my next visit to Halifax.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

This is a small pub located minutes away from the Chebucto Inn. The food was very good. Coffee was fresh and hot. The have breakfast on the weekend starting at $5.00. Toast, eggs, bacon and home fries. Can't beat the price.
An older tavern with outdated decor but it is kept clean. Staff are friendly. No having to wait for service - staff were on the ball and you get your food quickly even when the place is busy.

Reviewed 26 May 2017

Ever since Lake Loon slammed the door on their wings, I have listlessly wandered Metro in search of the perfect WING. That quest ended Sunday; it ended at Jenny's Place. If I want to pay for atmosphere, I'll head off to the Cut or de Maurizios, but if I just want a nice cold beer and Epic Wings, from now on it will be Jenny's. Roland, Julie, Meaghan and the Short Order maestros in the galley poke out a great wing with the usual array of sauces. I am told their Stevedore Club is of note as well...I intend to work my way through the entire menu but my wing addiction can now be satiated Wednesday, Thursday AND Sunday Wing Nights at JENNY'S...I ran out of stars so I'll rate their wings as 'most fun you can have with your clothes still on"