“Best brunch spot in town!”
Review of Mallard Cottage

Mallard Cottage
Ranked #5 of 391 Restaurants in St. John's
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 January 2018

I've visited Mallard Cottage for brunch time and time again (maybe too often - they recognize me now) and I always have a great meal there. Whether it's the breakfast sandwich with frites or the root vegetable hash, everything is always tasty. Don't forget to stop by the Cake Table as well - you'll have trouble resisting it!! You can't go wrong with brunch at Mallard Cottage!

Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

First time trying out brunch
Breakfast sandwich was amazing, fish cakes were amazing, homemade bread was amazing, as was coffee and the treats table. Now the not so great; eggs benny had literally no Benedict sauce and eggs were too under cooked to the point a large portion of whites were slime. The breakfast skillet was a disappointment; consisted of pulled beef/pork that was slow cooked to the point there was no texture, while at the same time most of veggies were undercooked to the point I could barely stick my fork into them. Also the sauce had much too much wine added to it, it was runny and when I put bread in sauce it basically turned bread red,
As always the atmosphere here is great, and service is pretty good too, waitress did offer to replace my skillet, but I wasn’t interested in the hassle.
My main issue with this place is that from the last 4 times I’ve been here I have always had great food and I have always had poor food, every visit, probably won’t return again.

1  Thank honestskipper
Reviewed 26 December 2017 via mobile

This is one of my favourite restaurants in Canada. Whether for brunch, lunch or dinner, the food is always spectacular and the staff is always friendly. The local seafood is delicious, as is pretty much everything else on order. This is a must visit if in Newfoundland.

Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

On a trip to St. John's visited Quidi Vidi village and came across Mallard Cottage Restaurant. This is a charming 18th Century cottage turned into a restaurant which offers delious menu choices. The best meal we had beautifully cooked, flavourful and the staff were fantastically helpful. Booking is recommended as it can get very busy. Wait time can vary depending when you book.

Reviewed 15 December 2017

We spent the morning hiking The East Coast Trail and ended up in the quaint village called Quidi Vidi at 1 pm, ready for a cozy lunch. We managed to get a last minute reservation at Mallard Cottage and I was thrilled to hear that they were serving Brunch for lunch.

My husband and I could not decide what to have because every selection sounded so appealing, so we decided to share the Chef's Selection and the Bread Pudding French Toast. We devoured the food- it was so delicious and brunch is my favourite kind of lunch.

The casual atmosphere was perfect for us, as we were in our hiking clothes. The decor is so fun, whimsical and homey and the vibe is relaxed. Our servers were very friendly and efficient.

This was my second visit to Mallard Cottage and I can hardly wait to return on my next visit to St. John's.