“Blown away!”

Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 23 October 2017

My family and I went to Mallard Cottage on Oct. 21/17 and we all agreed that it was the best brunch we've ever had! We had a great server, Gary (I think that was his name) and delicious food, it's such a cozy place to eat.

I loved the homemade meals and the amazing atmosphere…as well as the $15 dessert option, even if you are full.. get the box and take it home.

Recommendations:
- Make reservations
- Get the home fries
- Take out dessert box!

Attached photos include the bacon breakfast sandwich and the ravioli!

5 out of 5!

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

I had read about Mallard Cottage for years so I was a little afraid I had built it up in my mind too much. It definitely lived up to the hype. Make sure you leave room for the dessert table which is all made in house daily.

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

Picked out the village from the gps map nothing to do with food at first. Saw the cove and the hiking trails. After hiking out to the point to take a pano of the cove, when returning to my car I noticed an historical marker. The cottage is in a national registry of historic buildings and to my surprise it's also a wonderful restaurant. Though some what small so I'd advise making a reservation. You are going to be pleasantly surprised, great vibe, cozy atmosphere and well I found it fun, watching the kitchen as they prepare right in front of you. Excellent ever changing menu, I had roasted almond carrots, Moose noodles and desert. Worth every penny. Take a friend. I rarely give out such praise but for the type venue it was top notch.

Reviewed 20 October 2017

Located in Quidi Vidi Village, this small restaurant has a cottage country feel (as indicated by its name) - from the architecture, décor, serving wares to the knickknacks in the washrooms. Having read a lot of positive comments on TripAdvisor, I reserved a table for brunch long before our trip, and I was glad I did that as guests without a booking had to be turned away or had to return much later. It’s definitely a popular restaurant.

We ordered the Family Style Brunch at $25 per person. That included a bit of everything from their brunch menu and was a good way to try out various items. Portions were very generous. We could have ordered two brunches to feed the three of us. My favourite was the warm quinoa bowl. The baked goods table was very tempting for those who have a sweet tooth. You can fill up a plate or takeout box of pastries and cakes for $10-$15 (couldn’t remember exact amount). Service was quick and friendly.

This is definitely a place to stop by for a meal if you’re visiting Quidi Vidi. By the way, there’s no other restaurant in the village. We arrived around 10:15 am and there were a few parking spots left near the dock. However, parking will be an issue later in the day when more visitors arrive.

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

We were on a tour, passing the brewery! And we made arrangements to be dropped off at the brewery specifically so we could walk down to the Mallard. When we got there it was closed due to a wedding. Fair enough, but you might want to put that on your website. Stuck in the middle of nowhere, luckily a local called a taxi for us.