“Show was excellent !”

Spirit of Newfoundland
Ranked #18 of 105 things to do in St. John's
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Went with a big group of 20 ish. Included an anniversary and a pair of newly weds. Show was Stand By Your Nan ; a bit of a tearjerker with lots of laughs on the side. Excellent moving performance ! Meal was ok to good. Salad was excellent as was dessert . My chicken was So so but Bride's salmon was very good. I was still peckish after but no biggie.
As a place to hang out with friends, have a meal and laughs together I would recommend highly. Performers gave it there all!

SpiritofNewfoundland, Owner at Spirit of Newfoundland, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

How fantastic to get your comments. We love doing that show and are so glad it was able to resonate with you. Stand by your man is a new show that will get better with time no doubt. We would love to have you back again right now and offer you more salmon or something that would not leave you wanting more. Thanks for taking the time to post. We will share your comments with the cast and crew .

All reviews
in 18 reviews
"intermission"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 23 June 2018

Beautiful historic building. Cast was excellent and they actually seemed to care if you enjoyed yourself. Peter was a treat on the eyes Shelly could perk up anybody's day

SpiritofNewfoundland, Owner at Spirit of Newfoundland, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2018

Awwww. That is such a fabulous thing to say. We really do care and have a blast night after night with the audiences. Even after 21 years we marvel at how every audience is different. We will be sure to pass along the lovely compliment to Peter and Shelley. Come back anytime.

Reviewed 15 May 2018

Screech In Ceremony - OMG, we laughed so hard at the screech in ceremony, we were lucky to have gotten it completed, our visitors enjoyed it thoroughly and I would highly recommend it to anyone.

It was so enjoyable and we even all "learnt" some stuff too!!! haha!! Epic!!

1  Thank The_Rock_50
SpiritofNewfoundland, Owner at Spirit of Newfoundland, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

How fantastic is that. Thanks so much for throwing yourself over to our Newfoundland madness. We love it. We also love being among the many artifacts and history in the screech room. We'd love to see a photo if you have one.

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Outstanding performance by 4 highly talented performers backed up by a wonderful 4 piece band. The music was outstanding, the theme humorous, and the dinner delicious. It started with sour dough bread with 3 different flavored whipped butters, a tasty cream of tomato and red pepper soup, choice of Chicken Marsala or cod in a Citrus nage (I had the cod which was perfectly cooked), along with mashed potatoes and a mixture of vegetables. The dessert was a Screech rum cake. (I would have liked a bit more sauce and cream on it but it was still delicious). I had read in one of the reviews that the serving was small but to me it was the same size served in other Canadian restaurants and more than enough for me. The evening was wonderful showing the best of Newfoundland hospitality and humor. I might add that the place was full. I had walked in off the street without a reservation. They were extremely kind and gave me the only seat left which was at a table that is reserved for the owner. It was not till the show was over that I realized he had come in and stood for the performance! My hat is off to the warmth, kindness and generosity of the Newfoundland people!

See more reviews
Reviewed 9 March 2018

24 hours later and my coworkers and I are still laughing - Skeets, Snobs and Peppermint Knobs is a must see! The entertainers were absolutely fabulous, very engaged with the audience, excellent singers, had us laughing the entire show. There are two options for your main course but there was no problem accommodating one in our party that had dietary restrictions. I recommend taking a rum cake home, so delicious! If you are interested in drinking, there is a great selection available at the bar and prices are below average! There is metered parking in front of the building which is free after 6:00pm, we did not have trouble finding a nearby parking spot. Overall an excellent night, I highly recommend it.

1  Thank MaryanneKB