“Highly Recommended”

Spirit of Newfoundland
Ranked #18 of 73 things to do in St. John's
Reviewed 9 March 2018

24 hours later and my coworkers and I are still laughing - Skeets, Snobs and Peppermint Knobs is a must see! The entertainers were absolutely fabulous, very engaged with the audience, excellent singers, had us laughing the entire show. There are two options for your main course but there was no problem accommodating one in our party that had dietary restrictions. I recommend taking a rum cake home, so delicious! If you are interested in drinking, there is a great selection available at the bar and prices are below average! There is metered parking in front of the building which is free after 6:00pm, we did not have trouble finding a nearby parking spot. Overall an excellent night, I highly recommend it.

1  Thank MaryanneKB
"audience"
"cast"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 21 January 2018

My second last & very last night in St John's, I spent at the Spirit of Newfoundland dinner theatre. Wed night was "The Young and the Rest of Us" and the last night, Thursday; was "Abba" gotta get the scoop. Both were soooo funny , all they did was joke after joke, their improv skills were top! Peter, Shelly, Sheila, Keith & the gang are truly Vegas style performers. You have to listen well as every few seconds there another joke or pun that will show you the wit of the amazing people of Newfoundland. You must see Spirit of Newfoundland & book in advance as it books up fast! It’s a 10 minute walk from the Delta & Jag Hotel from Downtown and close to most of the other downtown hotels. At the end of their shows, they sing a song that truly depicts the heart and soul of all Newfoundlanders. I give a 5 star 2 thumbs up rating to Spirit of Newfoundland, Keep up the great work & Im sure I will see you all in Vegas or on the Big Screen someday.

SpiritofNewfoundland, Owner at Spirit of Newfoundland, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2018

Wow! Keep it coming. We have to say that sometimes we feel we are in Vegas. The audiences make us feel that way. Thanks for noticing our " Spirit of Newfoundland" song at the end. We end all of our shows with that one. We have a lot of appreciation for your review. Thank you so much. I have shared it with the cast.

Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

Wonderful area for dinner theatre, bit cramped though! Acting and singing is phenomenal! Meal is wonderful and the shows are hilarious!! Loved it?

SpiritofNewfoundland, Owner at Spirit of Newfoundland, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2018

We are so glad you enjoyed. We also love keeping people close. Laughter is contagious.

Reviewed 9 December 2017

The show was entertaining, packed in a hot room like sardines. Very disappointed with the meal, it was cold, very small portions, the most on my plate was dressing and cranberry sauce, minimal veggies and the turkey must have ran over my plate, pitiful. The show was too long and dragged out, I thought it was over a couple of times, they kept coming back??I don't think I'll go again, the portion of rum cake is not much bigger than a timbit!!

3  Thank Jackie H

Thanks so much for taking the time to write your review. Portion size is a funny thing. We do find most our guests can't eat all of their dinner. The thing we love to do is to give people more when they ask. Please come again. We're so sorry you felt it was cramped. In musical theater, we tend to keep the guest close to each other because laughter is contagious . You have a lot more fun when with laughter is nearby. Would love to have you come back. Call us. Ask for Cathy .

See more reviews
Reviewed 27 September 2017

Performers were not lacking in energy.I was taken there for a sort of business meeting and was pleasantly surprised. These entertainers are a cut beyond. Like something you would expect on Broadway, not in St. John's

SpiritofNewfoundland, Owner at Spirit of Newfoundland, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

How fantastic that you had a good time with us. We love it when people are surprised. And yes, some of our people on that stage are actually on Broadway. One of our frequent performers is on Broadway right now in the new Come from away. Thanks for noticing.