Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews residential street visiting saint john chipman hill within walking distance germain apartment furnishings harbour
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 February 2021 via mobile

My husband and I have just moved into a suite on the loveliest residential street in historic Saint John. 145 Germain is gorgeous on the outside and couldn’t be more comfortable or cozy on the inside. We’re here for a month to avoid our 50-minute daily work commute during what we hope will be the worst winter weather, and we knew as soon as we walked through the door that we probably won’t want to leave! The suite is super clean and well-appointed. On-site laundry facilities are an added bonus. The kitchen is fully equipped, but I have a feeling I won’t do as much cooking as I should, since we’re within a 5-minute (or less) walk of SO MANY great restaurants. And for those nights I do cook... the venerable Saint John City Market is just a block away with its varied and exceptional vendors! Loving the #suitelife!

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Susan Fullerton, Owner at Chipman Hill Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2021

Dear Valued Guest Jayner69;

What a pleasure to have had you and your husband staying with us for the past month. It has been wonderful to have you stay with us again after what seems like such a long absence.

Your kind comments about your suite and the building are so very much appreciated.

It was great to live vicariously as you described the convenience of living uptown and being able to walk to the Saint John City Market, pick up the ingredients for a meal, and walk back to cook it.

I love that you have been loving the #suitelife!

Thank you for your business and your friendship.

Reviewed 29 September 2020

We completely enjoyed the quaintness and service we found while staying here.
Both the owner and staff (Natalie in particular) were incredibly responsive. The location is in the Uptown area offering us views of the harbour, outdoor sitting area and everything within a ten minute walk. I would stay here again and highly suggest you look into any of the Chipman Hill properties when visiting Saint John.

Date of stay: August 2020
Susan Fullerton, Owner at Chipman Hill Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2020

Dear Valued Guest, Everash;

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us.

Thank you so very much for your wonderful 5* review. We appreciate it so much, as well as your very kind comments about us!

Yes, you are so right, the location is excellent and gets a "Walk Score" of 100!

We were so happy to serve you and sincerely welcome you to our community.

Thank you so much for you review and for your business. We are grateful.

Reviewed 12 September 2020

I can’t say enough good things about Chipman Hill. We stayed for a month and the innkeeper as well as every employee we came into contact with was exceptional. Natalie delivered our groceries a few times, and she was wonderful, and wouldn’t even accept a tip. The location was perfect; right in the heart of Uptown, within walking distance to so many great restaurants, shops and the beautiful waterfront. During these crazy COVID times, it was so nice to have a clean, refreshing place to stay. I would not hesitate to recommend Chipman Hill to even the pickiest of travelers. Five stars and five thumbs up!

Date of stay: August 2020

Dear Valued Guest, RobinPLaidlaw;

Wow! What a fabulous review. Thank you so very, very much.

Your kind words about our staff are s very much appreciated. It really was our pleasure to look after you during your stay.

We are at your service going forward for any advice about Saint John and our area.

Thank you for your business.

Reviewed 9 February 2020 via mobile

Chipman Hill’s 145 Germain Street location is less than ten minutes’ walk from everything I do when visiting Saint John. It’s a terrific convenience to be able to send a quick e-mail and have a suite ready for me when I arrive in town. This trip I was in one of the larger suites, with a full kitchen and separate bedroom, making for a quiet and relaxing weekend.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Traveled solo
chipmanh, Owner at Chipman Hill Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2020

Dear Valued Guest 154957N_m_12;

We are always delighted to receive an email from you alerting us that you will be in Saint John overnight. It is our pleasure to continue to provide your accommodation after all these years.

I am so glad that you enjoyed your suite. We are really pleased with the result of our recent renovations at 145 Germain and it sounds like you are, as well!

Thank you for your continued business and for taking time from your busy schedule to favour us with this lovely 5* review. It means so much to us!

We look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed 20 October 2019

Staying here has been a very pleasant experience, this place is cozy, clean and quiet, it had everything I expected and even more, the staff has been extremely cordial and helpful, our housekeeper Vicky truly made us feel as we were home.

Date of stay: October 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
chipmanh, Owner at Chipman Hill Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2019

Dear Valued Guest, Luis Miguel V;

Thank you so very much for your very kind review.

Your excellent comments about our staff, in particular, our housekeeper, Vicky, are very much appreciated. I am so pleased to hear that you have found all of us to be extremely cordial and helpful, and that Vicky, in particular has made you truly feel as though you were at home.

We appreciate your business very much and thank you once again for taking time to write us this lovely 5* review.