All reviews mayfair mall free breakfast breakfast room yogurt make your own waffles medical reasons liquor store laminate flooring road noise pub restaurant priced hotel short drive downtown area hot breakfast room was clean and comfortable butchart gardens downtown victoria
Reviewed 7 September 2018

We stayed at the Comfort Inn & Suites for two nights while visiting Victoria, B.C. As this was our first visit to Victoria, we weren't sure what part of the city to book a hotel. But, this worked out very well. The first night we stayed in the main part of the hotel in a King room on the 3rd floor. This is an older hotel, but it was very clean. Each room had an updated tub or walk in shower. There was a microwave and mini fridge in each room as well. There were not a lot of plug ins for electronics, so just be aware. You might want to pack a small powerstrip if you will be staying for any length of time. Breakfast was very good. There was cereal, waffles, breads, eggs & sausage, muffins, danishes and yogurt. There is a restaurant on the second floor called Redd's Roadhouse & Pub which was very good and super convenient for dinner. It allowed us to not have to go back out once we returned to the hotel for the night. The second night we stayed, we were in a 2 queen bed in the tower. The tower rooms were closer to the street, therefore there was more noise. I would also ask for a higher floor to keep from hearing noise from the rooms above. There were several nice stores within walking distance, or a short drive away. This hotel was about 10 minutes from downtown Vicotria, and was on a main street, so it was a straight shot to the downtown area. It also would not be too far if you didn't have a car and needed to use a taxi or Uber. I felt very safe in this hotel as well.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor room, away from the street.
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Junusebopp
Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

stayed at comfort inn near the harbor assuming near the harbor meant i could see the harbor.i couldnt...it was close though 3 min drive.it was older and a bit showing its age.but rooms were clean check in was quick.the continental breakfast was good.as a side note we forgot something in our room and the desk clerk let my wife back in no questions asked.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Crazyinlove41
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

We had booked this hotel for 3 nights for our granddaughters wedding. Unforsean circumstances made it necessary for us to bring our small 6lb yorkie with us. We called the inn and were told that the only way we could bring the dog was to move into a small room allocated for pets. We also had our granddaughter traveling with us. I was told my only option was to "Not bring our dog or granddaughter"as the room was too small for an airbed and they didn't have cots.I then cancelled the reservations and told other family members who were also booked there for the wedding. We all cancelled and stayed elsewhere.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2018

I stayed here for almost a week. It seems to cater heavily to the tour crowd (I saw a lot of tour buses in the mornings). The walls are thin but the beds comfortable. Housekeeping did a great job. The fitness room needs updating — I tried three of the machines (exercise bike and two treadmills) all of which were in need of repair and gave up. The breakfast offerings were generous (eggs, meat, cereals, make-your-own waffles, etc.) and tasty. The staff were friendly.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed 7 August 2018

I would say three stars, furniture is worn looking, needs to be upgraded. Bathroom & living area is very tired looking. I was hoping for more. Free breakfast was nothing to write home about. Pretend processed ham.. Yuk

Stayed: July 2018