Hotel Rialto(Victoria)
Free cancellation until 07/26
US$163
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites(Victoria)
Free cancellation until 07/27
US$198
US$186
Doubletree.com
  • Restaurant
Oak Bay Beach Hotel(Victoria)
Free cancellation until 07/27
US$289
US$258
US$162
US$144
getaroom.com
4,213 results
All reviewsbengal loungehigh teagold floorbengal roompresident's clubtea roomceiling fanold worldbeautiful hotelair conditioningharbor view roomsconesbutchart gardensbritish columbiainner harborparliament buildingvisiting victoria
Reviewed 4 April 2018

We (6 of us) spent 3 nights in Victoria at the Fairmont Empress. Hotel was as expected for an "old line" downtown hotel. Public places beautiful, room was relatively small but adequate. Windows were old and leaked air. Most significant thing about our visit was the well trained staff. They were all, and there seemed to be many of them, extremely polite and helpful, almost to the extreme. Central location was good near the car ferries but, and we knew this before we came, this was a very expensive stay so make sure you check the prices before you sign on to come there.

Room Tip: Wind noise from the windows overlooking the harbor were a bit loud
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank jeffh222018
ManagerEmpress, General Manager at The Fairmont Empress, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Thank you very much for the wonderful feedback. We are so pleased that you stayed with us during spring break. We look forward to your next visit. Thank you.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

During a weekend trip to Victoria, we stayed at the Fairmount Empress Hotel. Fresh from a $30 million renovation, we found that the rooms were perfectly configured, featuring plenty of lighting and plugs for our computers and phones. The flat panel television was massive and a welcome addition. The bathrooms feature beautiful ceramic tiles, Kohler fixtures, and a rain shower that was most pleasant. I found the new lobby airy and bright but underwhelming. The lobby and main floor appeared to be served by inadequate washroom capacity - at least, we could not find suitable facilities for this 5-star hotel. The staff were fantastic -- attentive, and good-humored with a can-do attitude. I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: March 2018
ManagerEmpress, General Manager at The Fairmont Empress, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide your lovely and valued feedback. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your guest room. I will ensure that your comments regarding our wonderful staff are shared with all the teams. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for a quick break before heading to vancouver. Was tired and processed the onlineearly check in. Once I arrived at the hotel at the valet. The valet had my keys ready and was also smoothly ushered into my room to freshen up.

Prior to this while at the valet,I had inquired quickly about Craigdorrough castle's proximity to the hotel since it was my first visit into victoria and it was a short overnight. The valet ( mr. Hardeep) had the foresight to understand my haste to maximize my visit and offered advice if I wanted to leave my rental at the driveway so as to be on my way after I checked my rooms. Was v glad this was possible and the route to the castle was efficiently pointed out. It was also a great recommendation since it was a cloudy day and I was able to spend enough quality time at the castle.

The hotel was recently renovated and modernized a bit into a more chic cool trendyish interiors.

My turn down service was done in an intuitive organized manner. The housekeeping staff noticed I sorted my belongings in neat orderly piles and properly folded my jackets and placed in properly spaced layout following what I had done. I thought this was quite thoughtful and was delightfully surprised.

The greeter/seater at Q restaurant was attentive and followed up as I dined. I thought overall the hotel had showed the right amount of attention and personalization without being too intrusive.

Check out was a breeze and my continued sight seeing was encouraged by the lady at checkout with tma tidbit of wisdom. ' weather changes so much in the island that you seize the moment when the sun is up. With that I headed to another castle as it was cloudy and it was great advice I'd idnt miss out on the castle and the pop over st butchart gardens.

I definitely would be happy to come back and stay and visit victoria again. Fairmont empress' staff and quality food made it memorable as well as the perfect location within a quick 5-10 min walk to access major blocks of the city.

Note. the pool is smaller more of a lounge-y pool style with a couple of strokes and it is a lap.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled solo

Thank you very much for the wonderful feedback that you have provided regarding your stay. It is wonderful to read how our staff were able to assist with your short stay. We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Superb massage therapist Heidi at the spa at the Fairmont Empress. She is professional, kind and attentive. Highly recommend Heidi with years of experience and a breath of knowledge.

Will certainly return to the spa for Heidi specifically.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled solo

Thank you for the lovely comments and feedback regarding our Willow Stream Spa. I will ensure that these are shared with the spa team. We loo forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 31 March 2018

The room we stayed in -- harbor view suite -- had not been renovated, and furnishings were old and worn out. It looked NOTHING like the room photo/rendering that was shown in the internet photos. Not even up to the quality of a chain hotel. For the money (over 450 CAD), we expected something much better. I complained to the manager, and she explained that the images of the rooms on the internet do not necessarily match the room that you get. I understood that to be true for the exact layout of the room. But apparently, it also applies to the furnishings.

Room Tip: Make sure you assk for a recently renovated room, or you will be disappointed.
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple