“Classy with great service and great ffod”

Giardino Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 4,064 Restaurants in Vancouver
Price range: US$31 - US$76
Neighborhood: West End
Neighborhood: West End
Reviewed 5 January 2017

My wife and I made a booking for a special occasion and requested a quiet table in the corner away from everyone. On entering the restaurant we were greeted warmly with our jackets being taken from us and escorted to our table on the side of the restaurant as requested. As we walked in and shown to the table the atmosphere and architecture is one of fine dining with an Italian flare. While the restaurant was full and busy –there was not the hustle and bustle but a sense of calm.

Philippe was our server and we found him to be absolutely amazing, attentive but not hovering – He explained the specials and menu to us and made a few recommendations after asking some questions, my wife ordered the Vegan Minestrone and I had the Lobster Bisque – We knew we were in a treat for the night when we started with the soups.

After soups we ordered our main dishes, My wife ordered the Gluten Free Gnocchi, and I ordered the Classic Lasagna , We were informed the Lasagna would take 45 minutes ( this is a good thing that indicated its fresh) – We decided to share our meals and asked Philippe to bring the Gnocchi first while we waited for the Lasagna, the dish was split and delivered on two plates – I must be honest I was really apprehensive to even taste a Gluten free product – but man this was amazing and it just melted in our mouths with just an amazing taste. When the Lasagne arrived and the parmesan added we both dove in (yes shared this dish as well) and this has been the best Lasagna we have even eaten in our lives – We polished the meal and I had to ask for additional bread to mop the sauce up from the plate – I know its not the best manners but there was no way I was leaving a morsel behind.

Now onto the next part of the meal – we had and yes shared deserts again – this time we had CHOCOLATE FONDUTA and AMARETTO CREMA CARAMELLO with the classic cappuccino to wash down the deserts – Yummy ……

When one thinks of fine dining we automatically think of small portions and expensive prices – and to be honest we did not find this at all. We are not wine drinkers so that may have made a difference and I can not comment on the wines.

We had an opportunity to meet Umberto & chat with him – Humble man for sure.

Thanks to all at Giardino's as it’s a team that makes the success – We will be back for sure

Reviewed 2 January 2017

We have been three times to this restaurant and it has been excellent each time. The food is delicious and the service falls solidly in the high-end category.

I think that overall it is good value for money and would definitely recommend it to family or friends.

Reviewed 20 December 2016

The restaurant is simply second to none! Giovanna was incredibly accommodating, patient and caring. We really enjoyed her approach, demeanor and warmth. She took our orders effortlessly and made fantastic recommendations. We actually went over to her afterwards and thanked her in person.

The food is also incredible. I had the "Paccheri Di Gragnano with Spicy Italian Sausage, Pecorino Sauce" and it tasted like the "to die for' penne arrabiata with chorizo sausage that used to be on the old menu at their former location.

The only drawback is that the valet and the people at the front desk could have been more welcoming, but other than that, I loved every aspect of the restaurant. The price range for appies is $15-20, salads $15-20, pasta is $20-30 and mains are $35 and up. I wouldn't go everyday but definitely worth it for birthdays, business dinners, anniversaries and special occasions.

We were seated at the back, in the covered tent, but it was heated and had a very nice atmosphere and decor. It was Despite the rain and lots of snow on the ground, the restaurant was packed and buzzing for a weekday evening, so definitely a good sign! Mind you, it is also pre-Christmas so restaurants tend to be busier anyway. There are lot of "regulars" there and I can see why.

I'll be coming back and hopefully we get the pleasure of being in Giovanna's section again!

Reviewed 20 December 2016 via mobile

This restaurant knows what they are doing in all aspects of the kitchen, dining room, customer service, they deliver exceptional Italian cuisine exactly how the customer requests it, hot to the table effortlessly with smiles and they run an excellent wine program too. I've been all over the world and twice to cooking school in Italy and there is no restaurant that compares to Giardino. The pasta is perfectly el dente with incredible variety of fresh made sauces full of rich flavour development. I am blown away every time I go. Reservations highly recommended! Enjoy!

Reviewed 7 December 2016

Had lunch with friends. The Tuscan decor is warm and inviting. The servers were excellent and made you
feel welcome. The food was delicious as you would expect at one of Umberto Menghi's restaurants.
A real Italian who loves his food. He also has a cooking school in Tuscany.
The menu is extensive and the quality of the ingredients is evident. Although portions are on the small side.
Go dressed up or casual and still feel comfortable. Many business lunchers there as well.
The whole experience was exceptionally enjoyable.