“Best Pizza I’ve ever had!”
Review of Marcello Pizzeria

Marcello Pizzeria
Ranked #510 of 4,138 Restaurants in Vancouver
Price range: US$10 - US$23
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Commercial Drive
Description: Come in and enjoy any lunch size pasta dish for only $10.00. Plus enjoy your meal with a glass of house wine of draft beer for only $5.00. All day Monday through Friday from 11 to 5pm. We are an authentic Italian restaurant and pizzeria with an outstanding wood burning pizza oven. Specializing in home made pastas and sauces made fresh daily in house. Lively atmosphere, mediterranean style decor, ideal for celebrations and late night dining. Serving the community since 1999.
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

We stopped here for a celebratory lunch and were blown away by the great atmosphere, perfectly prepared pizza and salad (with top quality ingredients) and helpful staff, who knew somehow exactly what we’d like. We had the medium size Capricciosa pizza ( so large we took home half of it) with fresh mozzarella added, the Chef Salad, with chunks of fresh cucumbers, tomatoes, artichokes and olives, and a glass of red wine. I just asked for their table wine. It turned out to be Nespolino Sangiovese. Perfectly balanced between sweet and dry. All at a reasonable price, too. The wood fired pizza had a crispness and taste to die for. The oven looks like a huge head, with the oven for a mouth!

Marcello L, Owner at Marcello Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2018

Thank you very much for your excellent rate and review. Please join us soon and allow us the pleasure of serving you again.

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

Went to PNE fair and then out for dinner afterwards
Marcello is always a safe bet for good pizza
Pizza was great but kitchen forgot our order so we waited 40 minutes for our pizzas. Staff apologized after 30 minutes and offered some focaccia bread which was nice but kids were starved so too little too late. Would have been nice to be offered a free dessert or something but the bill had everything on it
Most restaurants comp something when their mistake but we did get an apology.
May try Lombardo next time as same product without the glam

Marcello L, Owner at Marcello Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

Thank you for your review. I am happy that when the pizza finally came that you were not disappointed. I apologize again for the long wait, especially on a late night. You are right, you should have a free gelato or one of our homemade mascarpone cream which is made fresh daily. Please come again and allow us to serve you better.

Reviewed 30 August 2018

Been here multiple times during their lunch and dinner hours. Frequently order the gnocchi and pizza and their sangria. Highly recommend!

Marcello L, Owner at Marcello Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

Thank you very much for your awesome review and rating. I agree our gnocchi is very delicious. My favorite is the quattro formaggi. For pizza my newest favorite is the funghi e tartufo. Come again soon and allow us the pleasure of serving you again.

Reviewed 29 August 2018

This place was great with the massive stone head oven with open mouth for the pizza to be shoved into! The pizza was great and the calamari rocked. Our waitress was very funny and cool and i just called her Marcella-since i forgot her name.

Thank you very much for your review. It warms my heart to know that you had such a wonderful time at our restaurant. This is what we strive for everyday. Grazie mille!

Reviewed 27 August 2018

I used to be a big fan of this restaurant. I go around once a month. And have done so for years. I often order the "prosciutto and mushroom pizza."
I was there recently and I ordered the prosciutto and mushroom pizza. Once again, as they did on my very last visit they substituted some other kind of "ham" for "prosciutto ham." So it is obviously now their policy.
When I complained the last time they offered all sorts of excuses and a complimentary dessert. When I spoke to the waitress this time, she listened to my complaint, walked away and never came back to address the issue. I paid our bill and left.

Be warned, sadly, they are charging for something they are not supplying.

I WON'T BE BACK.

Marcello L, Owner at Marcello Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Thanks for your review. I wish you mentioned the day you were at my restaurant. However, from your complaint I understand that you ordered the prosciutto and mushroom pizza (Prosciutto e Funghi) which is cooked ham baked with the mushroom. Then there is another type of pizza which is called Prosciutto Crudo, this is cured ham which is placed on the pizza after it is baked. There was some kind of misunderstanding and I apologize un behalf of my staff. Please come again soon and give us another opportunity to serve you better.