“Beyond compare”

Ranked #1,563 of 4,063 Restaurants in Vancouver
Neighborhood: Robson Street
Neighborhood: Robson Street
Reviewed 16 October 2016

Service was excellent and a pleasant setting. The food was some of the best Korean food we have ever had. Prices were very reasonable and you are given more than enough to fill you with large portions. One just can not say enough on how good there food is.

3  Thank Carter D

Reviewed 15 September 2016

While staying on Robson Street I wanted to try a few different Asian restaurants (since there's so many around). I was in the mood for a lot of food and I figured Korean BBQ would be a good bet for that, and I was so right!

Instead of opting for the actual "cook at the table" meal (which I've done in the past) I chose a combo meal designed for one person. This included BBQ pork, rice, soup and about 12 side dishes. This was exactly what I wanted. The servers just kept bringing me delicious food and filling up the table. The BBQ meat itself was definitely the best part, I have no complaints about that. Out of all the sides I think there was only about 1 or 2 that I didn't care for.

There were a few downsides though. The staff was not excellent. They weren't very good at explaining how to order (which can be super tough at Korean BBQ) or describing what a dish was. And aside from dropping off the food we didn't see them until much later when we had to flag someone for the bill. The restaurant itself could also use a makeover pretty bad. If you look hard enough you can find quite a few unpleasant or dirty looking items all around.

If I'm in the area again and want another huge feast I'll definitely go back, but if I wanted something more upscale I'd have to look elsewhere.

3  Thank Derek9000
Reviewed 29 August 2016

Funny little restaurant on the second floor serves authentic Korean food. We ordered the all you can eat Barbeque and we were pleased with the variety of food that was brought to our table. It was very good. The clientele appeared to be mostly locals.

4  Thank Linda W
Reviewed 8 June 2016 via mobile

I have lived and eaten in Vancouver for 21 years and can without a doubt say this is the WORST experience I have ever had in Vancouver. The food was not bad, but getting too it and the final shock of the bill after tryIng to talk with the manager "who was sleeping" was disgusting for Vancouver standards. STAY AWAY! THEY ARE EMPTY FOR A REASON!!!

2  Thank DeanCathy154943
Reviewed 26 May 2016

After a half day trip, we were tired and hungry; wanted the food to go but the 10dollar lunch is only for eat-in. We sat, food took more than 20 minutes. But when it came, we were pleasantly surprised. It was good food, great value, service was blah.

2  Thank acomp1