“Nice Little Pub”

Ranked #204 of 4,035 Restaurants in Vancouver
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed 4 April 2018

When we travel to Vancouver one of our first stops is the Elephant & Castle for lunch, dinner or snacks over a cold brew. It always has what we are after and the price is right and the beer is cold. Last time we were there we were looking for a few snacks and a drink with socializing. We ordered the Castle Nachos, Pretzel Bites, and Garlic Shrimp. Was delicious. Wouldn't hestitate to recommend. Service was great from arrival to departure. Had a nice time. Its our go to place close to where we stay. Give it a try, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We wandered in to the Elephant and Castle as it was open and we needed to eat. We probably should have walked out. Our first warning was that the first three empty tables we looked at were too grimy to sit at so our quest for a seat took us to the back of the restaurant.

Service was friendly and prompt, which almost brought me to add a third star to this review. Smiles unfortunately do not clean a restaurant. When our meals came I picked up my lamb burger and the bottom piece of bun looked and felt like it had been sitting in dish water. It was soggy and grey and was most unappealing. As my companions set into their fish and chips the waitress promptly took my burger back and returned with it fixed, again, friendly and no questions asked.

Overall, our meals were uninspired, even for pub food. The decor was poorly kept and dated and as mentioned, cleanliness was lacking. The Elephant and Castle needs a refresher on most fronts before I would consider it again.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

A nice atmosphere with a good local beer menu. Salmon burger tasted like it was made with low quality pink salmon - not even the bacon and guacamole could hide that flavour.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Went with my family on a Sunday night. Not super busy but service and food were both excellent. Teenager friendly. Good beer selection. Kids liked the food.

Reviewed 25 February 2018

Tried this as an alternative to the nearby Tap & Barrel, and the beer was OK and the food was fine, but the service and ambiance not up to the same standard.