4,362 results
All reviews cruise ship five sails stanley park canada place your luggage convention center harbour view club floor pre cruise beautiful hotel grouse mountain waterfront station gas town corner room pool and hot tub luxury hotel coal harbour
Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

There are a lot of homeless and or beggars in this area especially when the cruise ships come in. Not a whole lot to do. Can walk the waterfront or listen to a few lectures, but not very interesting to kids or teens. The sea planes are fun to watch land. But there are so many other sites to visit in Vancouver than this one.

Trip type: Traveled with family
PanPacificVancouver, Director of Quality Assurance at Pan Pacific Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2016

We appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience in Vancouver.

While our Security team does monitor our facilities; homelessness is a sad state in most major cities and Vancouver has implemented many programs providing assistance.

For guests with children or teenagers, our Concierge is able to provide guests with many interesting and exciting things to see and do in Vancouver that are either within walking distance (i.e. Flyover Canada), biking - Aquarium, Hop on/Hop Off Bus, and many other activities suitable for many ages. We regret if you were not able to explore the city during your stay.

Should you and your family be returning to Vancouver, we do hope you will have the opportunity to stay and enjoy our City.

Reviewed 31 July 2016

First of all, even if it was not for the fact that we were taking a cruise, this is an excellent hotel; however, the fact that we were taking a cruise made it an ideal location. My family and I have taken several cruises and one of the costly and hectic steps is getting a shuttle from your hotel to the cruise ship. It usually costs at least $50 and drops you off at the busiest time which starts your luxury vacation on a stressful note. Staying at the Pan Pacific all but removes that transition. In fact, the bell service will pick up your bags from your room and deliver them to the cruise ship. Once that's completed you can scout the best time to check in. If you're staying at the Pan Pacific the night after the cruise the bell service will be available to take your bags and you may even have a room available the morning you check in. If you do stay here I recommend the harbor view rooms. They have a spectacular view.

Room tip: Harbourview is worth paying a little more.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank jmax513

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your pre and post cruise stays. We are very fortunate to share our Canada Place location with the Cruise Ship Terminal. As you detailed in your review, this allows us to offer seamless luggage transfer from your accommodation directly to your cruise ship stateroom. This allows guests to use the remainder of their stay in Vancouver to explore, shop or just sit and enjoy the wonderful views from our outlets, patio, pool deck and lobby.

We do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Pan Pacific Vancouver - whether to embark on another cruise, or just enjoy the city.

Reviewed 31 July 2016

Due to a flight change, we did not get to the hotel until around midnight. But it was neat to wake up the next morning, look out the window, and see our Princess Cruise ship down below. We knew we were to be close to the dock, but didn't realize we'd be THAT CLOSE! The room was spacious, clean, and well equipped with amenities which is why I wish we could have stayed a few more days to enjoy it more.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to post your kind review. We are disappointed you were not able to experience more of the Pan Pacific Vancouver, but pleased you did enjoy the short time here.

We hope you enjoyed your cruise and that you will have another opportunity to return to Vancouver. If so, we do hope we will be your hotel of choice.

Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

I came to the Pan Pacific on a training weekend being told to keep my expectations high as its a classy joint. While I admit, the hotel itself is nice, staff I dealt with were not. I wasn't wearing the nicest of clothes and was treated as such. The employees asked the men in business suits if they were there to check in, I got asked if I had a question. I got reminded 4 times that I'd have no access to the mini bar without my credit card. I had to sit out in the lobby while they "awaited a form" my head office sent through to pay for the room. 4 times. And no one from the front desk could be bothered to go look for it. I ended up sitting in a lobby calling back and forth to make sure the form was sent (it was, 4 times). I was over an hour late for my class that day and received 0 empathy or remorse from the hotel.

I understand that hotels have their process... But there is a such thing as being a human. Empathy is a must have, and sometimes the smallest apology can make a world of difference.

On day 2, housekeeping walked into the room after a light knock, and then just walked in without announcing them self. This prompted the next morning me to put up the privacy sign. I was checking out that day and had paid a cash deposit for incidentals. Well, in order to get this back they need to check the room before releasing the $100, which is fair enough. I called down at 11:45 after packing to make sure they would take the required 30 minutes to check. I asked them to check. I acknowledge that I had left the privacy tag on the door, but I asked them to enter. They didn't, so when I came back at 12:25 to collect my deposit and get back to my class, they hadn't gone up. I had to be in my class by 1250 and was late again because of this.

You don't get to treat someone like less of a person because of the clothes they wear. Sure, I didn't pay money for this room this time and sure as hell won't be in the future, which I feel is truly sad. I wanted to love this hotel. The amenities were great, the rooms were beautiful but the people soured my whole experience.

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Matt K

It is very disappointing to read that you felt mistreated upon check in and, while our associates were following normal protocols for cash deposits, we apologize if you felt discriminated against and were shown no empathy. This was certainly not the intent of our associates.

We appreciate our guests providing feedback on their stays. We take great pride in our level of service to all our guests and have reached out to this guest privately to contact our Front Office Manager.

Reviewed 30 July 2016

This is a Hotel that probley has the greatest locacation in Vancover. Wake up every morning and figure out witch cruseship brand is in port. Seaplanes takingoff and landing all the time, all kinds of activity on the harbor. Worth upgrading for the harbor view. A little on the older side but still would book again.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank kratour

It was delightful to read the title of your review. We are very proud of our associates and know they will be pleased that their efforts have not gone unnoticed.

We were pleased to read that you enjoyed your harbourview room. The Pan Pacific is very fortunate with its downtown, waterfront location as it provides our guests with wonderful views of Burrard Inlet and the ongoing performances by seaplanes, cruise ships and other activities of this vibrant harbour.

Should your travels bring you back to Vancouver, we do hope you will give us the pleasure of welcoming you back.