“A Few Tips About Sen Pad Thai”
Review of Sen Pad Thai

Sen Pad Thai
Ranked #1,099 of 4,097 Restaurants in Vancouver
Neighborhood: Granville Island & Fairview
Neighborhood: Granville Island & Fairview
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Sean Thai Restaurant is located in a building diagonally from the main Granville Island Public Market. There a neat indoor courtyard patio area with a number of tables. There are a number of loyal patrons who eat here. There is a second restaurant also in the Vancouver area.

There are various Pad Thai dishes to select from like chicken, pork, beef, crab and prawns. You can add a fried egg for $2 dollars. I chose “Chicken Pad Thai.”

The Pad Thai was a bit different from what I normally have as the chicken was thinly diced and cubed. I wish I added an egg as the amount of food was less than I expected for $12 dollars. Overall, the dish was good.

If you found this review “helpful” in any way, please press “LIKE” to let me know.

2  Thank MartyB719

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

Delicious pad Thai, so good that we visited twice during our visit to Vancouver! The pad thai is the best I’ve had outside of Thailand, the noodles are chewy and the flavours are perfectly balanced. It is a little more expensive than other food stalls on the island but definitely worth it, go!

Reviewed 20 February 2018

Stopped here for quick lunch with my daughter as we were walking through the Net Loft in Granville Island.

We ordered at the counter, and then found an available table. Given it was lunch time, it was relief to find an open table so easily, especially compared to the crowds that form in the Public Market food court.

We ordered:
- Classic Pad Thai - Very very good. It's the authentic version where the noodles are chewy and the tamarind sauce is very tangy. Definitely reminds me of the real thing found in Thailand. It's quite common to see Pad Thai that has a reddish tinge, which still tastes good, but no longer seems authentic.
- Roti and Curry - Good. Roti was light and crisp, and green curry was flavorful.

Since it's a counter operation, service is not really a consideration.

I just like the fact that finding table space here is not as crazy as in the Public Market, so it's a much more relaxing experience. Cost is reasonable for the quality. Would defintely come back to try more dishes.

Reviewed 19 December 2017

Sen Pad Thai is yet another Thai-inspired street food eatery from Angus An to go along with his other sister restaurants (Longtail Kitchen, Freebird Chicken, etc…). This shop is actually located in the Net Loft building at Granville Island (as opposed to the food court located in the market).

We stopped by in September during our staycation and ordered their Pad Ga Pao Beef ($13 + $2 for fried egg) and Crispy Wings with Thai Garlic ($8).

Pad Ga Pao or Pad Ka Prao (or however you spell/pronounce it) is basically a stirfry dish with holy basil. I found that the version at Sen Pad Thai wasn’t as good as the chicken version that I had at Longtail but it was fairly adequate and had a bit of a spicy kick to it.

The chicken wings were coated in a very light and crispy batter. Unfortunately, the fried garlic didn’t stick well to the chicken (and that’s the best part). However, the wings did have a moist centre and went well with the dipping sauce. We actually wound up dumping the left over dipping sauce and fried garlic in the stirfry dish and that really kicked up the flavour to the stirfry.

Fairly good offering here but I’d need to try out some of their other dishes to be sure.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Try the pad thai here! Excellent! A good complement to the maenad restaurant on the 4th street. The best place to eat in Granville Island.