“Good...but (IMO) slightly over-rated”
Review of Cafe Medina

Cafe Medina
Ranked #20 of 3,978 Restaurants in Vancouver
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Really popular - I got there on a Wednesday morning just after it opened at 8. By the time I left, just before 9, it was full.

Very friendly and welcoming; comfortable; stylish decor. Excellent service.

I had a fritatta from the specials menu and a waffle. Basically this was good food - but I found it slightly under-whelming, given the adoration that this place inspires in so many. The frittata was not especially interesting or flavoursome; it was less than the sum of its parts. Also, the coffee was merely OK, which was surprising as I assumed it would be excellent.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,316)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had brunch at Cafe Medina on Good Friday. It was jam packed and the wait was just over an hour - which we were notified of when we got there. We went for a walk and our table was ready at the promised time. The menu is fantastic but it's not your regular bacon and eggs or pancakes. We had the Fricassee and the Le Complet. Both were very good. The coffee is excellent and our server was super sweet. They also have incredible looking waffles which I had planned on eating for "dessert" but unfortunetly missed out on because I could not eat another bite.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

There is a reason why it is considered the best brunch restaurant in Vancouver...
We went on Sunday at 1pm and we had to wait for 45min, which does not bother us because we are from Montreal and you always have to wait for brunch there.

The food was delicious with a lot of flavours. The service was fast and great. The decor was also really nice too.

Recommend it for sure! and try one waffle ;)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My family and I were struggling to find a place for breakfast. Gladly we ended up in this great place. Can’t wait to be back. The waffles, Salmon Fume, coffe is great. Staffs triture is the best. Thank you

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

As the title, if you try to search for best brunch in Vancouver, Medina always pops up.
Very nice place and relaxing atmosphere.
I got the Fricasse' (2 Sunny Eggs, Braised Short Ribs, Roasted Potatoes, Caramelized Onions, Applewood Smoked Cheddar, Seasonal Greens with Grilled Focaccia) and everything was tasteful and cooked to perfection.