Scott's Inn and Restaurant - Kamloops
  • Pool
The Plaza Hotel(Kamloops)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
All reviewshome style foodcooked mealslarge portionsroom was cleanrestaurant attachedthe free continental breakfasthot tubclose to downtownon site restaurantair conditionerfull kitchenhot breakfasta great place to staywould stay againhome away from homeindoor poolfridge and microwave
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Very good location close to downtown...very clean...park right outside so great for families....all of the staff were very kind and hard working...was my anniversary and my husband sent flowers and they set them up in my room as a surprise...left some clothing there and are sending it via greyhound. I would recommend this hotel to anyone :) Very quiet as well.

Comfortable family digs

We spent a week at Scott's and this may be an extended review. Overall, Scott's Inn (& Restaurant) made for a weeklong stay in Kamloops.It's basic and clean, the restaurant is terrific for hearty breakfasts, The the staff for both are friendly and
wonderful. It's not perfect and a number of quibbles follow however, please see the photographs.

We travelled to Kamloops for a family matter in March of 2018, our consisted of myself, my spouse, and our college age daughter. This is still the off-season in Kamloops and the daily room rates was under CAD $125 for the two bedroom family
suite. We selected Scott's specifically because of the two bedroom suite (with a main room and two bedrooms). One bedroom room provided a Queen size bed, the other has two twin beds. We were very, very, pleasantly surprised at the quality and comfort of the mattresses and pillows. The mattresses were a bit firmer than our memory foam topped mattress at home. Nonetheless, the inn mattress did have a decent covering that was somewhat padded and mercifully flat. That is, the mattress was not hard, minimally covered, or bowed towards the middle. Similarly, the pillows seemed to ideally match my preference and unlike many hotel pillows where you sink until they are barely a finger-width in height when you lie dow. The mattresses seem consistent with the room renovation that seems relatively recent.

More on the bedrooms, the main bedroom has its own small flatscreen TV and remote. The resolution of the set seems standard but with the size of the screen, it's actually difficult to notice it's not HD. Also, each room has their own heating unit and separate wall mounted AC unit. Each heating unit has its own temperature control which can be a benefit, a downside is that there is no calibrated temperature dial and adjustments were needed until the desired temperature is reached. A benefit is we could keep the bedrooms a little cooler than the main room. One slight annoyance about the main room is that we believe that housekeeping would turn down the thermostat as part of their normal routine. This would be a laudable energy convservation practice if it was less of a challenge to reset the heat to our comfort level.

Both bedroom closets include a luggage rack but both seem a bit small and have the "don't steal me" ring and tab style of hangers that I detest. They work but it's too easy to knock them down by accident. Other limitations of the bedrooms include only a single nightstand and a paucity of convenient outlets.This is not to say there were none but if you use yours as an alarm, a minimum 6-ft charger cord is a must. For some locations the cord may be a tripping hazard.

The family suite includes a single bathroom and a main room with a couch and TV, a kitchenette, a desk with drawers, and a small kitchen/dining table and two chairs.The TV is large screen and coupled with Shaw cable TV feed that includes a number of HD channels. The TV is located in a cubby that I'd guess was once a closet. It also is home to the desk in the suite and, curiously, the suite hair dryer is also located in the cubby. However, as there are no electrical outlets in the bathroom, it begins to make sense. The cubby has a single cool white fluorescent tube providing lighting, I found it a bit harsh and not optimal as it lit the TV as well as unideal when using a computer on the desk.

More on lighting. Most of it seems to be energy saving and, thank goodness, warm white in tone. For the most part there was ample lighting although the bathroom was the exception. The lighting in the bathroom was ample for everything but felt barely adequate for shaving.

And, while we're in the bathroom. The toilet, tub and shower head are the most evident clues that a renovation has been completed not too long ago. The style of the property is much older than the bathroom however the tub is new and the shower head provides a good flow (yay). I do wish the soap bars were a little bigger, the size is just enough for one day and I understand that but, for me, the tiny size lacks sufficient heft to feel satisfying to use. Oh yes, the towels, they're ample and are better than might be expected; not premium but not thin and scratchy either. One quibble is that the towel racks in the bathroom are good for folded towels but are the type that aren't suited to rehang used towels, oh well.

The kitchenette is small and efficient, there's a stove, fridge, coffee maker, and microwave. There are dishes, bowls, glasses, cutlery and some cooking utensils. We didn't attempt to cook but did use some of the dishes and the fridge, and the clean up was fairly normal as there's dish soap and a dish drainer. Kamloops uses lots of sand in the winter and I was glad that the kitchen and entranceway was floored in tile and that there was a broom and dustpan in the unit.

For families with young children, Prince Charles park is literally across the street. The park is this size of a city block, is fully fenced in with a number of gates and is prohibited for dogs. There is outdoor equipment, courts and a splash pad.

Due to length, I will leave the restaurant for a separate review although I will say that everyone should do at least one breakfast. Come hungry.

Summary, I'd happily return to Scott's Inn for future returns to Kamloops. Particularly if returning with family for a extended stay.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Scott's Inn and Restaurant is bright and very clean. The room was clean, comfortable and quiet. The staff was extremely courteous and helpful, and were happy to see me. In place of the complimentary continental breakfast, I paid for my own hot breakfast - costing about 40 % of what I would have paid anywhere else! In my opinion, I received excellent value for the money.

Room Tip: My room was not noisy. However, rooms on the upper floor may be more quiet.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed at Scott’s inn for 3 nites in the 2 bedroom suite. This place is not fancy but was very clean , the beds were very comfortable. The breakfast was great, as you go to the restaurant and get a basic breakfast for free, and you can add extras if you want. We used the pool and hot tub which were both nice and clean . Staff was very friendly. We would definitely stay here again ❤️

Stayed: March 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I made a reservation online a month before I planned my stay. My room was unavailable I was upgraded twice. The room I ended up staying in I was very impressed it was clean and quiet. My only complaint was the heat in my room did not work very well. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend staying there. I will be staying there the next time I want a night away again

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel