“ABC: Average Barbecue Choice”
Review of Woody's Bar-B-Q - CLOSED

Woody's Bar-B-Q
Price range: US$4 - US$20
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Woodys Bar-B-Q specializes in all kinds of smoked meats, especially famous for their succulent ribs and wings.
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

We walked in just before 4 and actually had to go and find someone to attend to us. To be fair, we later found out that the restaurant was overwhelmed by a beer gardens commitment, however I don't think that merits not serving the customers at the brick and mortar location. We ordered sandwiches and while they were ok, they were expensive for what they were. The sides were lacklustre. My coleslaw was soggy and flavourless and the others (okra, beans, mac & cheese) were just ok. We will be exploring other options in the future.

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

Visited woody with my dad because he had a Groupon for $30 of food for two. We got there around 11am and there was no one there. I ordered the smoked salmon fillet that came with two side so I had the mashed potatoes and the corn. My dad had the Texas brisket with beans and the tomatoes. My salmon was dry and flavorless, the potatoes were watery thankfully the gravy wasn't terrible but still did little to help the potatoes and the corn was also pretty dry. My dads beef brisket was also quite disappointing and flavorless but he enjoyed the tomatoes. It's definitely not somewhere I'd return but if you're gonna go definitely don't pay full price and buy a Groupon.

Reviewed 7 March 2017

I had pulled pork and my wife had wings. Both were disgusting and dry. I hate giving bad reviews to new start ups but honestly, if you call yourself a BBQ and can't do meat right, you shouldn't expect anything else!

Reviewed 21 January 2017 via mobile

The food was pretty good when I went with my friends. I liked my food quite a lot my friends reviews were a little more mixed. Would definitely come back!

Although we realized after we left we could have gotten a discount for being students... oh well.

Reviewed 9 February 2016

I was staying on the hotel so it was very convenient and their all you can eat ribs were delicious. Breakfast there was great too.