Motel 6 Grande Prairie
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Podollan Inn & Spa(Grande Prairie)
US$186
US$100
HIExpress.com
US$124
US$102
Stanford Inn & Suites(Grande Prairie)
US$108
US$105
US$105
US$101
Agoda.com
All reviewsbells whistlessingle roomquiet locationclean roomsthe main highwayparking lotpetgaslodgingcanadaprairie
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 22, 2018

This hotel has no "bells or whistles", although it does allow pets.
We got a room on the fourth floor. There was only one luggage trolley, which was difficult to steer, and it got stuck in the elevator causing the door to scream.
The room itself was clean and very small. The small closet is in the corner behind the bathroom and beside the bed, which was awkward to get to, and I bashed my ankle on the bed frame trying to get to it.
There is no space to keep luggage off the floor/bed, and housekeeping left a typed note saying they couldn't make the bed because of the luggage. Must be a common problem if they have typed notes.
Front desk service was nice. The back door card reader was frozen and would not read cards, and there was no sign saying so.
Parking was horrendous. No one could park close enough to make space, or far enough to fit a car in between. At least a third of the parking area was wasted due to snow and bad parking.

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled with friends
M6_GrandePrairie, Manager at Motel 6 Grande Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2018

Good morning FishFeather,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review on your recent stay here. All feedback is truly appreciated, so that we can address any issues that need to be resolved. I apologize for your less than satisfactory experience here, I can assure you that that is not what we want for our guests, as our goal is for everyone to thoroughly enjoy their time here. Motel 6's policy is No Bells or Whistles, as you stated, as here we keep everything simple and standard, which enables us to keep our room rates low. I am sharing this review with our Housekeeping Manager, to ensure that all room cleaning is done properly and completely, and all our newer staff is fully trained in making all guest experiences great ones. We are in the process of updating our keys and key-lock systems, so this will put an end to the card reader issues that we have been experiencing. If your travels bring you back to Grande Prairie, I truly hope that you will return to Motel 6, and have a much better experience with us.

Reviewed December 22, 2017

I stayed in Grande Prairie at the Motel 6 for 2 weeks. The staff was terrific, friendly and helpful. The location was great to access to highway 43 and 2 was excellent. The only negative I would offer is the parking lot requires some clean up for anyone with a car, no issues for those us with trucks. The hotel had all the amenities I required and the price was right, I will be staying there again on my next stay in the area!

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled on business
M6_GrandePrairie, Manager at Motel 6 Grande Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2017

Good morning Arthur,

Thank you for this review, and the very kind words regarding our staff and hotel. I will make sure to share this with all staff, and celebrate a job well done! Thank you for noting the great value in our staff and hotel, and we look forward to serving you again on the future.

Reviewed November 18, 2017

I stayed at this location for 10 days in early November 2017. It's a newer facility with a decent price point, the rooms are clean, the beds are comfy, and the staff are friendly. Sounds great right?? Why the 2 star Rating??? Here goes.....

The rooms are very small. There is no breakfast of any kind, not even a basket of fruit or granola bars. The bathroom fans are some of the loudest I have ever experienced, you'll get a headache while sitting on the toilet and if your neighbor leaves the bathroom fan on you can feel it vibrate through the walls. The elevator is small and you could wait up to 15 minutes during busy times to catch a ride. There is no business center or area where guests can print work related documents or flight itineraries. There is a BBQ out back so you can cook hot food but no BBQ brush to clean the grill. The location is on the North end of town so there are no restaurants within walking distance. If you order take-out you can expect to pay a $7 to $12 delivery fee depending on the establishment you order from. The electronic key locks work about 60% of the time, you will have to get them reprogrammed multiple times during your stay.

They have a Go Green card in the room requesting you to hang towels for re-use to save water, shut off the lights, etc., all good things that I abide by, but you have to run the hot water sometimes for up to 10 minutes to get it to temperature. There were a few occasions when I couldn't get the water warm enough for a shower and I had to go to bed unwashed. There is a lot of water wasted just trying to get it to temperature at this location making their Go Green policy pretty much redundant.

The internet has a parental block but it is too sensitive. I could not access Facebook or Linkedin at all for the duration of my stay. Kijiji could be viewed but good luck posting anything. Sports, news, and weather websites worked with no issue. You will not be able to do any work related courses or modules with the internet at Motel 6. I mentioned it to the staff on 2 occasions and they claimed the Motel recently changed service providers and they are working on a fix. It was still not fixed 10 days later when I checked out. I had no issues accessing Facebook or Linkedin at a near by Tim Horton's.

Their advertising is 100% correct when they state they don't have Bells & Whistles including luggage racks. You'll get used to having your suitcase sitting on the floor. I don't require Bells & Whistles such as breakfast, sleep number beds, remote control lamps, Jacuzzi tubs, movie channels, swimming pools, back-scratchers, scented candles, rose petals, towel art, bath robes, or slippers. However, I do require basics like functioning unrestricted internet and hot water after a long day at work. I'm glad color TV and electricity are no longer considered a Bell & Whistle!

The company I work for put me up at this location but I would never spend my own cash to stay here. Don't be fooled by the $79 room rate posted on the billboard on the side of the building. The few dollars you think you'll save by staying at Motel 6 will end up costing you extra by using your cell data to properly access the internet or in gas driving to another location that has free functioning WIFI. You don't have to drive very far up the road to find an accommodation with a similar price point that has bigger rooms, cold breakfast options, consistent hot water, and fully functioning unrestricted internet. If comfortable and clean for the lowest possible dollar is your biggest concern then Motel 6 will be a fine choice for you. Other than the cheap price of $79 a night there is nothing else of value that would lure me back to this location in the future.

Room Tip: If you require full functioning internet or hot water, choose another location altogether.
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
M6_GrandePrairie, General Manager at Motel 6 Grande Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2017

Dear CommanderRyker,

I would like to start off by sincerely apologizing for your less then satisfactory stay. The Motel 6 brand is more simplistic then some of your other brands you may come across. You are correct we do not offer a breakfast program this is part of the Motel 6 brand standards. You will never find a breakfast at any Motel 6 location across the world. We offer 24 hour coffee and have subway just across the road. Our WIFI here at the hotel is of the highest technology. Did you contact Front Desk about your issues with WIFI as we have 24 hour IT support to help with any issues that arise to ensure that all of guests are able to access anything they may need during their time with us. We would love the opportunity to discuss your concerns and try to make this right as we try to ensure all of our guests have an excellent stay and look forward to returning to our hotel. I have spoken with Maintenance to discuss the water issues as this is not something we have heard before and he has ensured he is going to complete an entire service on all boilers here at the property to be sure everything is working as it should.

Please contact me directly at 780-830-7744 or via email at gm@motel6gp.com to discuss this furthur.

Nicole Sullivan

Reviewed October 19, 2017

Stayed her with work and found it to be out of the way as had to drive at least 5 min to access amenities such as restaurants groceries gas etc. as it is on the edge of town.... rooms were somewhat quiet providing good night sleep. ( appeared small)... no restaurant on site .. vending machines ..... or 5 minute drive to amenities..and coffee/tea were available in front lobby in early mornings... fair distance to airport..no shuttle service

Room Tip: rooms were clean but appeared small....
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed September 14, 2017

The motel is noisy. It has no breakfast AT ALL. It is on the north side of town, far from any shopping, parks, or sites of interest. Worst of all, in my view, Motel 6 hands over to the U.S. Government, a list of anyone checking into their hotel (at least in Phoenix). I will not support a motel chain that notifies the government of where people sleep.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
6Team, Brand Experience Team Member at Motel 6 Grande Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2017

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay due to the inconveniences you experienced. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest, and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the noise concerns you describe. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your stay to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.